Please see the news and announcements section below for more information regarding updates to processes, procedures, and key dates.
The business office is dedicated to providing financial services to the entire Reed community.
We partner with students and parents to develop financial solutions that help make a Reed College education a reality. We handle tuition billing and collections, the budget, financial and tax reporting, accounts payable and purchase card processing, research grant monitoring, cashiering services, and payroll services.
Don't want to pay online? Learn about other ways to make payments.
News & Announcements
The 2023-24 mileage reimbursement rate is 65.5 cents per mile.
Fiscal Year End Announcement for Fiscal Year 2022-23 (FY23)
The end of the fiscal year is June 30th. What this means for you:
- All equipment, supplies, etc., that are to be booked in the current fiscal year (FY23), need to be received on campus by June 30.
- The final check run for FY23 will be on Friday 7/14.
- All disbursements to be paid on this final check run need to be submitted via Etrieve, no later than 12 noon on Wednesday 7/12.
- Cash deposits must be recorded on or before June 30th - we cannot back date cash.
Please contact Irene Lyczko email@example.com or Erica Nukaya firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Additional Accounts Payable news:
- Due to summer 1/2 days Fridays, the deadline for submitting disbursements will be no later than noon on Wednesdays effective 06/14 through the week of August 11.
Students and Families
- Academic year 2023-24 tuition and fees have been posted to our student account website.
- Fall bills will be emailed to students and to their authorized billing parties on July 12, fall tuition and fee payments will be due by August 11, 2023.
- If paying fees with a monthly payment plan, the payment plan needs to be set up and in good standing on or before the August 11 deadline. There are 6 month (begins in May), 5 month (begins in July), and 4 month (begins in August) payment plan options for the fall semester.
STUDENTS: Access your student account through IRIS. Click on student account center, under the Student tab. Invite your authorized users to set up their access in student account center.
Check out the student account website for more information on the student account center, billing, refunds and other questions regarding student accounts.
In Fall 2023, all undergraduate students will be automatically enrolled and billed for tuition insurance unless they complete a waiver to opt out of coverage. Learn more on our Tuition Insurance webpage.
Student Health Insurance: If you have the Reed health insurance plan you may print an ID card here. Please select the "Print your ID Card" under the "Quick Links" selection.
Health insurance waivers, for those that waive the college plan, are to be filled out each year the student is waiving coverage.
Please see the "Contact Us" page for information on how and when to reach the business office staff.