The business office provides financial services for the Reed community, including students, faculty, and staff.
Student account center
Students may access their student account through our Integrated Reed Information System (IRIS)
- In IRIS, under the student tab, click on “student account center.”
- If somebody is assisting the student with the financial aspect of their Reed College education, the student may wish to grant that person authorized user access to manage their student account online.
Important information & dates for students
- Academic year 2023–24 tuition and fees have been posted to our student account website.
- Students should discuss with their parent or guardian strategies for sharing financial information. This discussion should determine where students' bills will be sent and who may have access to financial records.
- Spring semester bills will be emailed to students and to their authorized billing parties the first week of December, 2023.
- Spring tuition and fee payments are due by January 5, 2024.
- Download a pdf for the sping semester tuition and fees information, including due dates.
- Winter Break guide for students is a comprehensive guide to campus resources and services available to students over the winter academic break, from December 15, 2023 to January 21, 2024.
- During the winter break, Reed College is open weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. with the exception of the holiday closure dates on December 25, 26, 29, and January 1 and 15. Inclement weather may also affect department staffing and hours. College delays and closures due to inclement weather will be posted on the Reed home page.
In fall 2023, all undergraduate students were automatically enrolled in and billed for tuition insurance unless they complete a waiver to opt out of coverage. Learn more on our Tuition Insurance webpage.
Student health insurance
If a student is on the Reed health insurance plan, they may print an ID card. Please select the "Print your ID Card" under the "Quick Links" selection.
Health insurance waivers, for those who waive the college plan, must be filled out each year the student is waiving coverage.
Faculty & Staff
Please see below for information on the AP (non-payroll) check run for the end of the calendar year. Please plan accordingly for this upcoming schedule change.
- Week of December 18: No changes to regular schedule.
- The final check run of the 2023 calendar year will be December 22, 2023.
- Payment for approved disbursements received by the deadline, noon, Wednesday 12/20, will be paid on Friday 12/22/23.
- Disbursements lacking proper documentation may not be approved and could cause payment delays.
- Week of December 25: No scheduled check run. Please plan accordingly.
- Week of January 1: The deadline for payment requests via Etrieve is noon on Wednesday 1/3/24, as usual.
- Payments will be processed on Friday 1/5/24.
Note: The business office will be minimally staffed and working remotely the week of December 25th.
Disbursements and Purchasing Cards
Payables and reimbursements are entered into Etrieve for payment and processed as received.
Please see our Accounts Payable website for more information regarding paying invoices, getting reimbursed for expenditures, and documentation requirements.
Reminders: The deadline for submitting disbursement requests via Etrieve is 12:00 p.m. on Wednesdays, for inclusion in that week's Friday check run. Disbursement requests received after 12:00 p.m. on Wednesdays will be paid on Friday the following week.
Per IRS guidelines, receipts for meals and entertainment must include the names of attendees and purpose of the event. Please include this information on all PCard and disbursement request receipts. Reimbursement requests missing this information should be referred back to the submitter by the person approving the request. If this is missed during the approval process, the business office will refer the request back and the payment could be delayed.
Mileage Rate for Reimbursement
The 2023–24 mileage reimbursement rate is 65.5 cents per mile.