Setting up Authorized Users
If somebody is assisting you with the financial aspect of your Reed College education, you may wish to grant that person authorized user access to manage your student account on-line. You may also want to authorize them to receive an e-bill.
Managing Authorized User Account Access
You (the student) can authorize others to assist with the management of your student account. Once the verification process is completed, authorized user account features include:
- Real-time student account information, including payment and financial aid updates
- Ability to generate custom account statements by term or date range
- Student account integrated payment plan options
- Ability to set up multiple bank accounts for student account payments
- Integrated international payment option via Flywire
How a Student Sets Up an Authorized User
- Log into Student Account Center and select "Manage Authorized Users" from the "Actions" drop down menu (top right).
- Click "Actions" in the upper right corner and choose "Manage Authorized Users".
- Click "Add Authorized User" to add a new user.
- Fill in necessary information, including the basic contact information (first name, last name & email address) and your relationship to the authorized user.
- Click "Create".
- The authorized user will be sent an email with login instructions and access will be granted.
How a Parent/Guardian Requests Authorized User Access
- On the "Manage Student Account" login page click "Create New Account".
- Fill in your information (first name, last name & email address, password) and click "Create".
- Click "Add Authorized User".
- Fill in the authorized user's information (first name, last name & email address) and click "Create".
- An email is sent to the requestor to validate the email address provided and to activate the account.
- Once logged on, the process is completed by entering the student's information (Reed ID, DOB, relationship to the student) and clicking on "Next".
- The email with the authorized user's access request is sent to the student for approval. Please note, the student has the right to decline access.
- Once the student grants access, the requestor receives notification that authorized user access has been established.
How a Student Removes an Authorized User
If you wish to remove an authorized user, log into Student Account Center, select “Manage Authorized Users” from the “Actions” drop down menu (top right) and click on “Edit” and then “Delete”. Please note, this will not remove any release/s you may have on file with the business office. Please email email@example.com or call 503-777-7505 for more information.