Business Office

Other Services

Learn more about how to access the cashier’s window, buy TriMet passes, and use our notary services.

Cashier’s Window Services

The cashier receives and processes all funds received by the college and disburses cash refunds. The cashier oversees faculty & staff payroll checks, student loans, refunds, disbursement checks, and payment receipts.

You can also buy commuter points, add funds to your laundry account, and buy Tri-Met passes. Cash and checks are accepted, but credit cards are not accepted. The cashier’s window is open Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and is located on the third floor of Eliot Hall.

Download Deposit Slip

TriMet Bus Passes

The college subsidizes half the cost of monthly adult passes. Tri-Met monthly passes may be purchased, with a valid Reed ID, at the Cashier Window in Eliot. The prices for current Reed students, staff, and faculty are as follows:

  • Adult: $50
  • Youth $28
  • Honored Citizen: $28

Students who are living or working on campus are eligible for the subsidy during the summer.

We’re moving to TriMet’s new electronic-fare system, Hop Fastpass, starting in September 2018! Hop offers easy boarding, lost-card protection and reduces paper waste. Hop works on all TriMet buses, MAX light rail, WES Commuter Rail, Portland Streetcar as well as all C-TRAN services.


The Hop cards we distribute to you will be registered already and you won't need to create an account or manage it. We will add electronic monthly passes to your Hop card at the time of purchase for the above stated costs.


You are required to tap your Hop card every time you board a vehicle so the system can electronically manage valid fares and transfer privileges. Tapping every time you board also demonstrates proof of fare. There is no need to tap when exiting a transit vehicle. For more information, click here.


If you lose your Hop card a replacement card can be purchased for $3 at the cashier’s window.  The cashier can transfer your transit pass onto a replacement card.

For a limited time, you may still purchase trip tickets at Reed’s bookstore. They will be switching to the Hop card system for single use rides in the near future.

Notary Services

The College has notaries who provide their services at no cost to the Reed community.   Notaries cannot give legal advice by instructing signers on how to complete a document, or advising on anything relating to the document.

 The notary has the sole responsibility to refuse a notarization.  Non-English documents need to be taken to a bilingual notary.  These can be found at consulates, embassies and on the web. 

Current identification is required.  The following types of identification may be used:

•   At least one state or federal document with the physical description, photo, and signature, such as a driver's license, state ID card, US military ID card, or U.S. passport or and officially recognized passport of a foreign country.

 We appreciate a 24 hour notice for notary requests, please call and schedule an appointment today.

For notary services, please contact:

Delana Libbus, Business Office, 503/777-7505
Irene Lyczko, Business Office, 503/788-6633
Mark Fowler, Registrar's Office, 503/777-7793
Pat Heneghan, Treasurer's Office, 503/777-7240

Tuition Remission

Staff and faculty may be eligible for tuition remission. See the human resources page to learn more about this benefit. Application forms need to be turned in to the accounts payable specialist in the business office.

Download the Application for Tuition Remission

Contact the Student Account Center


Outside U.S. and Canada

5 a.m.–7 p.m.

Contact the Business Office

Eliot Hall 306 & 308
503/777-7505, or x7505
Fax: 503/788-6687

Hours of Operation

8 a.m.–5 p.m.

Cashier’s Window

10 a.m.–4 p.m.