The business office is dedicated to providing financial services to the entire Reed community.
We partner with students and parents to develop financial solutions that help make a Reed College education a reality. We handle tuition billing and collections, the budget, financial and tax reporting, accounts payable and purchase card processing, research grant monitoring, cashiering services, and payroll services.
Don't want to pay online? Learn about other ways to make payments.
News & Announcements
The Business Office will be open during the winter break for regular operating hours, 8:30am – 5:00pm.
The office will have very limited staffing the week of the 24th and the week of the 31st.
As a result:
1. The cashier window will be closed the week of the 24th. However, there will be a cashier onsite. Please come into the office (Eliot 308) for services.
2. The check run schedule will be as follows: (please plan accordingly)
- The week of 12/17 there will be a normal check run. Please turn in disbursements for Wednesday 12/19 payment by Tuesday 12/18 at noon and Thursday by noon for Friday 12/21 payment.
- The week of 12/24 there will be no check runs.
- The week of 12/31 there will be one check run, please turn all disbursement in by noon Thursday 1/3 for payment on Friday 1/4.
If there is an emergency, please contact the Business Office at 503-777-7505.
The 2018-19 mileage reimbursement rate is .55 cents per mile.
Students and Parents
Tax Information: Form 1098-T will be available in late January. Students can access this form in Banner Self Service at any time, after they become available. A paper copy will be mailed to the student's permanent address on file in the business office.
Please read this notice about changes to the upcoming 2018 IRS form 1098-T.
As of September 30, 2017, Reed College transitioned to a new loan servicer for our Perkins, Reed, and computer loans. The new loan servicer is University Accounting Service (UAS).
Students can add or update billing party emails and addresses by going to IRIS and then to Student Forms>Business Office>Billing Information and Release Form.
Academic Year 2018-19
For information about tuition billing, payments, and business office forms, please view the Spring Billing Insert here.
Student Account Center is now live.
Through Student Account Center students and authorized users can:
- view account details;
- save different payment methods for later use;
- invite a family member or other individuals who may help pay your educational expenses;
- enroll in a monthly payment plan;
- contact customer support at 888/316-9620 Monday through Friday, 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. PST (outside US and Canada call 401/921-3999).