Harm Reduction Services at the HCC
The following services can be accessed anonymously* during the syringe service program/harm reduction program hours.
- Syringe/needle distribution
- Syringe/needle disposal
- Sharps containers (as available)
- Fentanyl test strips
- Resources for off campus harm reduction options
*You may be asked to show your Reed College ID as proof of student status. You may also be asked to show proof that you are over the age of 18 due to state law limitations around syringe supplies. Your name will not be recorded. If under the age of 18, you may still be able to access syringes/needles/supplies following a medical appointment with an HCC provider.
The following harm reduction services would require a visit with a provider and are not anonymous. However, as with any health appointment we will maintain your confidentiality. You may also access the above harm reduction services during a visit. While office visits are covered under student tuition and not billed to insurance, certain costs can be billed such as lab tests (like STI testing) or medications that are sent to insurance. If this is a concern, please talk with staff.
- Sexually Transmitted Infection testing
- Naloxone prescriptions (for opioid overdose reversal)
- PrEP Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis for HIV
- PEP Post-Exposure Prophylaxis for HIV (within 72 hours)
- Contraception (birth control)
- Emergency Contraception
- Alcohol and other drug assessment
- Case management referrals to substance abuse recovery resources