We would love to hear any thoughts or ideas you have about events you want to see happen. We are also always here if you have any questions about resources, so please don't be shy to reach out to us!
Trouble focusing? Try these apps!
- Habitica: create your own avatar and earn experience/gold by completing tasks
- Forest: grow your oown virtual forest instead of browsing through social media
- Pomodoro: use Pomodoro to keep track of your study time and break time
- Kardia: inhale when the sphere expands and exhale when it contracts
- Headspace: take a moment to practice mindfulness and reground yourself
Peer Health Advocates' zines cover different aspects of health and wellness
- The zines are small brochures that PHAs create around one topic. This last year, the topics covered were: ways to take a break, introvert & extrovert, sleep, and healthy relationships with yourself.
- Be on the lookout for zines this school year!
Weekly events, such as Reedies Unwind and Meditation, helped students unwind and decompress last semester.
- Reedies Unwind is a weekly event that is held in GCC 103. Stop by and craft with PHAs; as always, tea and snacks are provided.
- More event details coming soon!
The Tea + Pie saga will continue with faculty talks about wellness, hosted by the PHAs and Community Wellness.
- Tea + Pie events feature a short talk by a selected faculty member(s) and are followed with a Q&A.
- Oh, and of course there is pie!
Community Wellness has some great events in store for you this semester! Subscribe to our Google Groups email listserv to stay updated.
Get in touch with our Program Intern!
Anneleissa CoenHello lovelies, I am Anneleissa (they/them/theirs) and I am a senior Sociology major. I was born and raised in Eugene, Oregon and absolutely adore the West Coast, so some of my favorite hobbies are backpacking, bicycling, capoeira, and hacky sack. During the school year I like to relax by knitting, watching Netflix, swing dancing, playing video games, or curling up with tea while I read. I also adore turtles. I am super excited to serve as both a Peer Health Advocate and Community Wellness Intern here at Reed because I love creating more supportive and positive spaces wherever I go! I am particularly passionate about fostering greater inclusivity across campus so that students from all backgrounds feel as though their wellbeing is cared for equally. If you have any fun ideas, questions about campus resources, or just want to see a smiling face, please feel free to hit me up!