Monthly Payment Plans
Payment Plan Enrollment & Management
Education expenses can be easier to manage when spread over predictable monthly payments. Reed College offers interest-free payment plans, administered by Flywire, that are designed as an alternative to making one large payment.
Payment plans are available each semester. The enrollment fee is $55 per semester. The fall semester plan opens May 1, and the spring semester plan opens November 1.
Depending on the date you enroll, you may be eligible for up to six installments for the fall and spring terms. Payment plan installments will be automatically deducted on the 15th of each month from the bank account you specify when enrolling in the plan.
Since you can enroll in a payment plan before the term charges (tuition, fees, room and board) are assessed, you may need to estimate your payment plan balance in the initial months. Click here for the costs of the academic year tuition and fees.
Payment plans offer:
- convenient monthly payment plan options for 6, 5, and 4 months are available. See payment plan schedule below for enrollment and due dates;
- 24/7 account access to view and manage active payment plans via Reed Student Account Center;
- the ability for students to add one or more authorized users to have access to their account to make payments toward a payment plan or enroll in a payment plan on behalf of their student.
Payment Plan Schedule:
|Enroll on or Before
How to Enroll in a Payment Plan
To enroll in a payment plan, log into Reed College Student Account Center and select the “Payment Plans” tab.
You will see the payment plan options available to you. The earlier you enroll in a plan, the more installments you can have. The fall term plan opens May 1 and the spring term plan opens November 1.
The plan balance initially defaults to your "Balance Due". Since you can enroll in a payment plan before the term charges (tuition, fees, room, and board) are assessed, you may need to estimate your payment plan balance in the initial months. Click here for academic year tuition and fees.
Once you decide to activate a plan, you will receive an email confirming your enrollment.
- Log into student account center at any time:
- to see the status of your plan;
- change your payment plan;
- make a partial or full payment towards your remaining balance, or update autopay details.
Autopay Reminders & Processed Installments
Five days before your scheduled autopay installment, a reminder email is sent letting you know your autopayment will be processed on the 15th. Please make sure you have enough funds available in your bank account to cover the upcoming payment.
On the 15th, a monthly automatic installment is processed by autopay from your credit card or checking/savings account. You will be notified by email when the payment has been processed.
Failed Payments & Payment Plan Termination
You will receive notification before any payment plan installment is processed to give you an opportunity to make sure sufficient funds are available for the upcoming installment. If a scheduled monthly installment payment fails (i.e. the ACH payment is returned due to insufficient funds in your checking or savings account), you will be notified by email.
For every failed ACH payment, you will be charged a penalty fee of $30.00.
We will reattempt to collect a failed installment payment five business days after the failed payment transaction is posted to your student account. If the reattempted collection also fails, the failed payment will be added to your next scheduled monthly installment payment.
The failure of two scheduled payments will result in automatic termination of the payment plan. The resulting unpaid balance on your student account will immediately become due and account holds will apply as per college policy.
Payment Plan Ownership
Students and/or the student's authorized users can enroll in a payment plan.
- If the student enrolls, the student is the owner of the plan.
- If an authorized user enrolls, that individual is the owner of the plan.
- Only the owner of the plan can change the payment method.
Both the student and all the student's authorized users will receive payment plan notifications by email.
Adding Authorized Users
Through student account center you can grant one or more authorized users access to your financial information, including the ability to view charges on your account, pay your bill, or enroll in a payment plan on your behalf. An authorized user can be a parent/guardian, family member, employer, or any other person you wish to have access to your account.
Establish Authorized Users
Adding an authorized user to your account is quick and easy.
- Log into Student Account Center and select "Manage Authorized Users" from the "Actions" drop down menu (top right).
- Click "Actions" in the upper right corner and choose "Manage Authorized Users".
- Click "Add Authorized User" to add a new user.
- Fill in necessary information, including the basic contact information (first name, last name & email address) and your relationship to the authorized user.
- Click "Create".
- The authorized user will be sent an email with login instructions and access will be granted.
The authorized user will receive an email with instructions on how to log in to the system to verify their authorized user account.
Please be sure to enter the correct email address or your authorized user will not receive important email messages from our office.
Once you have added one or more authorized users to your account, you also can view the authorized user’s activity and/or delete authorized users by revoking access to their account via the "Manage Authorized Users" action.
Resetting a Password for an Authorized User
Only the authorized user can reset the password for their account. Neither the student nor business office can perform this action. Simply navigate to student account center and click "Forgot Password". If the authorized user is unable to reset their password, it may be necessary for the student to remove the current authorized user account and establish a new one.