Installing and Using PaperCut Printers
- macOS Mobility Printer Setup
- macOS Copier Setup
- Windows Mobility Printer Setup
- Windows Copier Setup
- Linux Setup
- Web Print
- Releasing Your Print Job (Linux users only)
Follow the instructions below to set up our Papercut print queues on your computer. Once the mobility print package is installed (macOS and Windows), you will be able to choose which of the campus printers you want to send it to.If you are a student with a campus job that would permit you to charge your print jobs from other accounts, you must Install the updated Papercut Client in addition to the Installer.
To install Student Printers for access on your Mac computer follow these instructions:
- Click here to get to the mobility print installer for your Mac computer
- Click on the file in your downloads folder
- Click the Installer within the download file.
- Click through and agree to the license for the Student Printers
- Select "Macintosh HD" as the location for your installer
- Enter your computer's password and then click "Install Software"
- If the installation was successful, you will receive this notification:
With this installed, you will no longer have to release print jobs on printing.reed.edu. Instead, when you go to the list, all available student printers will be accessible on the printing page:
The first time you print to a printer, you will see a prompt like the one below. The name field may be automatically filled with your computer username; however, this is not the name you should use. Instead, use your IRIS/Kerberos username and password. If you click "Remember this password in my keychain", you will only need to provide this username and password once per printer.
If you accidentally enter the wrong username and/or password, you will most likely see a window like the one below. If you do, you can click the refresh icon to put in your name and password again.
To Install Copiers, the Papercut Desktop Client will need to be installed from downloads.reed.edu
If you want to print color or print envelopes to the Reed copiers, follow these instructions to manually install the copiers:
- Install the updated Papercut Client.
- Install the Xerox C8045 driver corresponding to your system version here (Hit continue if asked to add copier).
- Go to System Preference -> Printers & Scanners -> click the "+" button on the lower left -> go to the internet/globe tab to enter the following info:
- Address: ipp.reed.edu:631
- Queue: put in the address of the printer (see the table below)
- Use: select Select Software -> search for C8045.
For example, if I want to install the copier in the bookstore, then my setup looks like this:
The queues are:
(ARM chips running Windows currently not supported by Mobility Print. Follow the instructions below to print to copier)
- Click this link to find the mobility print installer for your PC.
- Find the downloaded file on your machine, and run the installer.
- With this installed, you will no longer have to release print jobs on printing.reed.edu. Instead, when you go to the list, all available student printers will be accessible on your printing pages.
The mobility print driver will not, by itself, allow printing to a copier.
- Install the updated Papercut Client.
- Install the Xerox C8045 driver corresponding to your system version here to get the latest version of the copier drivers (Hit continue if asked to add copier).
- Extract the drivers somewhere on your computer you can easily find later.
- Navigate to "Printers and Scanners" in settings and click "Add a printer or scanner".
- Let the printer search timing out and click "the printer I want isn't listed".
- In the dialog which pops up select "select a shared printer by name" and enter "http://ipp.reed.edu:631/COPIER_NAME" where COPIER_NAME is one of the copiers in the table below.
- Click "next" and in the dialog box click "Have a disk" and then browse to the location of the driver folder. Inside the driver folder select "UNIV_5.860.1.0_PS_x64_Driver.inf/x3UNIVP.inf" and click "open" followed by "ok". (Generic PS or PCL6 drivers packaged with Windows will also work).
- When given a choice of printers choose "Xerox Global Print Driver PS" and click "Ok", "Next", and "Finish".
- Restart your computer.
Fall 2021 update: These instructions were written for the previous printer setup. We are currently working on updating the information for our latest printing update. Please check back soon for more information!
- Go to System Settings > Printers.
- Click the green Add button
- Select Enter URI, and enter either ipp://ipp.reed.edu:631/printers/<name_of_printer>.
- You can see a large list of printers at ipp.reed.edu:631, but not all are accessible to students. A couple good choices:
- It is important to use ipp:// to begin the device URI.
- Click Forward, and you will be asked to describe your printer.
- Move forward through the Installable items menu, making sure that the duplexer is installed.
- Your printer should be setup. To confirm, go to System Settings > Printers and double click on the printer you just installed and make sure that the information looks similar to the screenshot below.
Papercut's Web Print function makes it easy to print PDFs without having to add the printers to your machine. If no other solution works for you use this, it is limited in choices and makes odd decisions about paper size sometimes (depends on the PDF).
- Log in to Papercut ( https://printing.reed.edu/).
- On the sidebar to the left of the page, select "Web Print".
- Select "Submit a Job".
- Select the appropriate printer queue from the list.
- Enter how many copies you would like, then select "Upload Documents".
- Upload the desired PDF document, then select "Upload & Complete".