Printing On Your Mobile Device
Follow these steps to enable printing through your iDevice:
1) First, get the Papercut app. Go to http://printing.reed.edu:9191/ios/install and install the app. It should prompt you to a page like this:
2) Install it, regardless of any warnings.
3) You should now be able to find an icon on your iDevice called "Printing". Go to the app, and login using your Reed username and password (the same ones you use to login to your Reed email). It should take you to a page like this:
4) You have now enabled printing from your iDevice. You can now, for instance, print from Notes by pressing the "Send to" icon on the upper right side:
5) When prompted to choose between the printer options, press on "iPhone-billed-BW". Head back to the Printing app and you will get a message like this:
6) Your printing request was submitted, but now needs to be released to a printer. To release the job, press the "Printers" button in the top right corner to open a mobile-friendly webpage of our printing release website: printing.reed.edu/mobile/release
7) Select your printer of choice, check the box of the job(s) you want printed, and hit the green "Release" button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
8) If all went well, the printer should be processing your document!
Follow these steps to enable printing on your Android device:
1) Open the Google Play Store and install the HP Print Service Plugin.
If you are running Android 7 (Nougat) or newer you are ready to print. If you are running Android 6 (Marshmallow) open your settings app then search for and open HP Print Service. You should now be ready to print.
2) To print a file, open the file then tap the three dots icon in the top-right corner of the screen, then tap print.
Note: The first time you print after installing the plugin, this message will appear. Check the box and click Start.
3) Tap on the drop-down arrow in the top-right and select Student-BW-Printers._ipp._tcp.reed.edu for black and white printing or Student-Color-Printers._ipp._tcp.reed.edu for color printing. Then tap the print icon.
4) Next, log into Papercut and release your job. The displayed user will not correspond to your Kerberos username. Instead, it will be of the form u0_axxx.
Be sure that the title of the job you are printing matches the title of the file you are trying to print.
5) If attempting to print to an IP printer, you must add the printer first. To do this, from the printer drop down click, All printers... and the click the Add printer option at the bottom
6) When the Add printer menu pops up, choose Default Print Service
7) Enter the IP address of the printer you wish to use in the Hostname or IP Address field, then click add.
8) Once added, the printer will appear in your list of printers under an autoassigned name which cannot be changed, to ensure this is the correct printer, verify the IP Address under the printer name is the same as the one you entered.