Double-Sided PrintingIRC Computers are enabled to print double-sided by default. You may send double-sided print jobs directly.
- Open Start> Settings> Devices, and select the Printers and Scanners tab in the left menu. Click on the printer you would like to print double-sided from and select Manage.
- Select Printer Properties from the left menu. This will open a new dialog box. Click the Divice Settings tab. Under this tab, there should be an expandable menu called Installable Options. Click it and select Duplex Unit. From the drop-down menu, slect Installed. Click on Apply then Ok.
- You are now ready to print double-sided on this printer.
- From the document you are trying to print, select File> Print... from the navigation window near the top left of the application window. The keyboard shortcut cmd+p will also take you to the printing menu in most applications.
- In the Print dialog window, seclect the printer you wish to print from and click on the Printer Properties option near your selected printer. The exact name of this option and its location will vary by application. It may also be under a More Options tab.
- In the Properties window, find a setting similar to Print on Both Sides and enable the option either by checking a box or through a drop-down menu.
- Click OK and select any other options you desire, then click on Print.
The Duplexer unit
Most printers on campus come with the duplexer unit which makes double-sided printing possible. If the printer near you does not have this unit and you need to print double-sided, please email CUS to request one. Here is a way to make sure that your printer is physically capable of printing double-sided:
- Turn your printer around so you are looking at the back of it.
- Look for a box-like, protruding attachment that makes the printer look something like this:
- If your printer has this unit, it is duplex enabled.