Note: Reed does not provide a committee letter. Letters of evaluation from individual faculty members are submitted as part of your AMCAS application. Please contact your pre-med adviser to send a Grades at Reed flyer directly to your schools.
Pre-Health Faculty Advisers
- Arthur Glasfeld, Margret Geselbracht Professor of Chemistry
- Janis Shampay, Howard Vollum Professor of Biology
- Derek Applewhite, Associate Professor of Biology
Julia Burrows is the Pre-health advisor for the Center for Life Beyond Reed
Planner and Timeline
Download the medical school planner to help keep your process on track.
Preparation for Medical School
From start to finish, get a bird's eye view of the Medical School entrance process. Download the Preparation for Medical School PDF for more information. Download a brochure on letters of recommendation for medical school, which will help you help you understand what the admissions committee are looking for.
Medical College Admission Test (MCAT)
- MCAT General Information
- MCAT Fee Assistance Program
- MCAT Accommodations
- MCAT practice materials from Learning Express Library
- Search "MCAT" to find materials. You'll need to register to access materials, but they're free.
- Note: Learning Express Library is primarily available to current students and recent grads who still have access to their student accounts. Alumni access is only available via on-campus computers (or over Reed wi-fi networks) using their Kerberos credentials.
- Some local library systems also offer free access to Learning Express Library to their cardholders (the Multnomah County Library system, for example).
Healthcare Fields to Explore
Healthcare fields don't only mean pre-med; explore a list of healthcare fields that will show you the breadth of what pre-med can mean for you.
PreMed PreHealth Google Group
To subscribe to premed/prehealth group, visit our Google Group, where you can find discussions, announcements, and information relevant to internships, jobs, deadlines, and so forth.
Internships and Volunteer Opportunities
- Healthcare Volunteer Opportunities (SEEDS)
- Co-op Internships and Summer Research Opportunities (Rochester Institute of Technology)
- Summer Undergraduate Research Programs (Association of American Medical Colleges)
- Chemo Pals (Children's Cancer Association)