Resources for Students
We'll help you navigate the process of applying for awards, from requesting letters of recommendation to completing budget sheets.
You can also research additional fellowships opportunities captured in Reed's career services internship database, the NIC Internship Link. After logging into IRIS, follow initial NIC login instructions and search this database by keyword "fellow" or "Post-Bac."
If you are applying for the McGill Lawrence Internship Program, Winter International Travel Fellowship, President's Summer Fellowship or Summer Internship Award applications, you will need to download and complete a budget worksheet.
Requesting a Transcript
Check out the handout on "Requesting a Transcript" for information on how to get an official copy of your transcript for Fellowships applications. Complete, sign, and deliver the form to the registrar's office listing Michelle Johnson as the recipient and your transcript will be provided at no charge to you! Note that working with an electronic version is easiest.
Requesting Letters of Recommendation
Check out our handout with information on how to ask for strong letters to support your application and guidance on the information to provide your letter writer.
An important tip: Plan to give your recommenders at least four weeks to prepare their letters and send them a reminder one week before the deadline!
Grant & Grantwriting Resources
- UCLA GRAPES database of graduate and post-doc funding
- The Foundation Center: Sampte Grant Writing Documents
- Purdue University: Online Writing Lab Guide to Grant Writing
- UNC Chapel Hill Writing Center: Grant Proposals (or Give me the money!)
General Writing Resources
- Reed Writing Workshop Handout: Identifying Your Personal Narrative
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill - Online Writing Center
- Writing Personal Statements: online book by Joe Schall
Identity-based Grant Resources
- American Association of University Women Educational Foundation Fellowships
- Database of resources for populations traditionally under-represented in Fellowships
- Financial Resources for Female Students
- Financial Resources for International Students
- Financial Resources for Minority Students
- Financial Resources for Native American Students; More info for Native American Students