Faculty & Staff
The Center for Life Beyond Reed advises and supports students to help them better understand their values, interests, and purpose. Learn about our team here.
Services for Students
We encourage you to investigate the services and support we offer to students and to refer your advisees to us the first time you meet with them (and often thereafter). Let your advisees know about our offerings:
- Individual career, fellowships, and awards advising
- Search tool for fellowships and awards
- Access to Handshake, Reed's job and internship database
- Job and internship search strategies (for part-time, full-time, and on-campus employment)
- Document review (resume, cover letter, personal statement, CV, LinkedIn profile)
- Mock interviews
- Career panels and events applicable to all majors
- Weekly email newsletter with curated opportunities
- Quiet room for phone and Skype interviews
Write a Letter of Recommendation
Faculty and staff members are frequently asked to be references and write letters of recommendation for students. Contact CLBR Fellowships with any questions about writing a letter of recommendation, and review our resources below.
Internal Letters of Recommendation
Internal letters of recommendation for awards with both an internal and external process should be sent to email@example.com, unless other instructions have been provided.
Partner with Us
Bring in a Department Speaker
The Center for Life Beyond Reed is excited to collaborate with other departments and offices to provide career education tailored to the specific needs of your students.
We are happy to host departmental events at Prexy, and we are also happy to come to where your group meets elsewhere on campus.
Please view our Programming Menu to see the programs we offer for your students and to proceed with scheduling an event with us.
Share Student Success
We find that we are most successful in helping students with academic and career planning when we follow the successes of our Reed graduates. Share the post-graduate success stories of your former students so that we can keep track of where our young alumni thrive after graduation. Email our office or call us at 503/788-6690.