Peer Career Advisors
Peer Career Advisors (PCAs) play a pivotal role in connecting students to opportunities and resources provided by The Center for Life Beyond Reed (CLBR) and in helping students with various professional development pursuits. PCAs receive in-depth training and work closely with the staff at CLBR to keep a working knowledge of job search strategies and various opportunities. PCAs assist students with the following:
- Writing resumes, cover letters, and personal statements
- Preparing for interviews
- Searching for internships/jobs/opportunities
- LinkedIn profiles
- Reed based fellowship and award applications
PCAs interact with students in a variety of ways:
PCAs are available for a 2-hour block of time to answer questions from students and provide advice on resumes, cover letters, and other application materials. No appointments are necessary. You can find the current hours and location in the right sidebar of our website.
You can work with PCAs 1:1 by booking an appointment through Handshake. Meeting with a PCA is a great choice if you are new to working with CLBR, are working on the first draft of your resume, or applying to a Reed based award. 1:1 appointments are 30 minutes and conducted virtually.
The PCAs host two virtual workshops a month. Examples of past events include:
- “Finding and Funding” – where students learn how to find, create, and fund summer opportunities
- Application Work Parties – where students can work in an informal environment on upcoming application deadlines (ex. summer funding deadlines)
- LinkedIn Workshops – where students learn how to use LinkedIn and have time to create their profile with PCAs to provide advice