Peer Career Advisors
Peer Career Advisors (PCAs) play a pivotal role in connecting students to opportunities and resources provided by The Center for Life Beyond Reed (CLBR) and in helping students with various professional development pursuits. PCAs receive in-depth training and work closely with the staff at CLBR to keep a working knowledge of job search strategies and various opportunities. PCAs assist students with the following:
- Writing resumes, cover letters, and personal statements
- Preparing for interviews
- Searching for internships/jobs/opportunities
- LinkedIn profiles
- Fellowship and award applications
PCAs interact with students in a variety of ways:
PCAs are available for a 2-hour block of time to answer questions from Reed students and provide advice on resumes, cover letters, and other application materials. No appointments are necessary.
Express Advising Hours:
Express Advising is on hiatus and will return for fall semester. CLBR is open all summer and you can schedule an appointment with an advisor.
Residence Hall Events
PCAs are assigned to area groups on campus and coordinate career-related communications and programming for their area groups. PCAs introduce themselves to their area groups via email, so please feel free to contact them to learn more about the services they provide for your area group!
Note: if you live off campus, please read the PCA bios and feel free to connect with a PCA who connects to your interest areas. Not sure who to connect with? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you!
PCAs also lead programs as a group, often in Prexy. Examples of past programs include:
- “Finding and Funding” – where students learn how to find, create, and fund summer opportunities
- Application Work Parties – where students can work in an informal environment on upcoming application deadlines (ex. summer funding deadlines)
- LinkedIn Workshops – where students learn how to use LinkedIn and have time to create their profile with PCAs to provide advice