Peer Career Advisors
Peer Career Advisors (PCAs) play a pivotal role in connecting students to opportunities and resources provided by The Center for Life Beyond Reed (CLBR) and in helping students with various professional development pursuits. PCAs receive in-depth training and work closely with the staff at CLBR to keep a working knowledge of job search strategies and various opportunities. PCAs assist students with the following:
- Writing resumes, cover letters, and personal statements
- Preparing for interviews
- Searching for internships/jobs/opportunities
- LinkedIn profiles
- Reed based fellowship and award applications
PCAs interact with students in a variety of ways:
PCAs are available for a 2-hour block of time to answer questions from students and provide advice on resumes, cover letters, and other application materials. No appointments are necessary.
Sunday - Thursday, 6-8 pm
Virtual Drop-in via Zoom
You can work with PCAs 1:1 by booking an appointment through Handshake. Meeting with a PCA is a great choice if you are new to working with CLBR, are working on the first draft of your resume, or applying to a Reed based award. 1:1 appointments are 30 minutes and conducted virtually.
The PCAs host two virtual workshops a month. Examples of past events include:
- “Finding and Funding” – where students learn how to find, create, and fund summer opportunities
- Application Work Parties – where students can work in an informal environment on upcoming application deadlines (ex. summer funding deadlines)
- LinkedIn Workshops – where students learn how to use LinkedIn and have time to create their profile with PCAs to provide advice