Thomas Daniel Sophomore Exploration Fund
The Thomas Daniel Sophomore Exploration Fund is a fund for sophomores to make it easier for you to explore your purpose and is generously funded by Reed parent and Trustee Thomas Daniel. You can apply for up to $500 in support of a range of professional development pursuits by applying through the Career Advancement Fund (CAF). Applications are accepted any time while the CAF is open, and are reviewed weekly. The CAF is open for most of the year, including the summer. Anything listed on the CAF website is eligible, but these items may be of particular interest to sophomores:
- Support to job shadow an alum or professional in a field about which you'd love to learn more (support for travel, food, accomodations, or other expenses related to the experience)
- Travel to an internship or employment interview
- Register for career-related conferences, trainings, and related events
- Conferences/events must have a career-related component with a clearly established connection between the event and your professional goals
- You may use the funds to cover travel expenses, registration expenses, or relevant membership dues
- Purchase professional attire for a specific career-related event (interview, job shadow, etc). Please note, clothing budgets are typically capped at $200
- Other categories of expense may be eligible, as determined by the review committee on a case-by-case basis
- Please note: you may not use the CAF to pay for the cost of courses taken elsewhere to satisfy Reed graduation or distribution requirements.
Currently enrolled Reed students in their sophomore year.
Applicants may receive a maximum of $500 from the Career Advancement Fund per academic year, regardless of the source of that funding (Thomas Daniel Sophomore Exploration Fund or LEAF). You may apply more than once if you have not yet reached the $500 limit.
Applicants must first meet with a Peer Career Advisor or CLBR advisor to discuss their application before submitting. You can find drop-in hours and the link to make appointments in the right sidebar of our website.
Apply for the Thomas Daniel Sophomore Exploration Fund automatically by applying to the Career Advancement Fund. Note that you’re applying through the Sophomore Exploration Fund in your application materials.
Questions? Email email@example.com