AIF Banyan Impact Fellowship
Apply through Independent Application Process
» Scholarship's official website
The American India Foundation’s (AIF’s) Banyan Impact Fellowship is an interdisciplinary experiential learning program that places young professionals from India and the U.S. in service with development organizations in India. Through collaboration and capacity-building, Fellows and local communities exchange knowledge and skills to steer projects that advance social and economic development. Fellows learn about grassroots development and inclusive leadership.
Alumni of the program are leaders in international development, academia, journalism, business, entrepreneurship, public health, and other fields. Together they represent a collective force for sustaining a long-term agenda dedicated towards change in India.
AIF provides Fellows with a living stipend, health insurance, professional development, mentorship, and programmatic benefits to enable their service.
- Be either U.S. Citizens, U.S. Permanent Residents, or Indian Citizens.
- Be between the age of 21-35 by the start of the program.
- Complete an undergraduate degree before the start of the program.
- Be willing and able to serve on the ground in India for the full duration of the program.
The selection criteria for a successful Fellow include the following attributes:
• General knowledge of the development field and development issues in India
• Ability to demonstrate a humble appreciation of other cultures and circumstances, and a willingness to acclimate to these differences
• Thoughtful consideration for the role the Fellowship experience will play in their life
• Ability and willingness to independently and creatively find ways to be helpful at their host organization
• Flexibility and adaptability to challenging living and working conditions Indian language skills are not required, but considered a highly valuable asset