American Institute for Economic Research Summer Fellowships
Apply through Independent Application Process
Internal Deadline: none - see AIER website for official deadline, usually April
The goal of AIER’s Summer Fellowship program is to provide accomplished college students, post graduates and graduate students with an introduction to the Institute’s mission, work, and research principles. Working closely with AIER research staff, summer fellows are immersed in the economic research process from “conception to completion”. The AIER Practicum enhances Fellows’ understanding of economic concepts, theories, and real world applications, and provides an opportunity to develop research, writing, and presentation skills.
AIER offers a Summer Fellowship for 8 weeks during the summer months, ensuring that substantive projects are undertaken and completed. In addition, diverse educational forums and an extra-curricular cultural program are provided. Summer Fellows receive a stipend, and room and board on campus at AIER in Great Barrington, MA.
EligibilityThe program is open to graduate & rising senior undergraduate students age 21 and over majoring in economics, finance, business or related fields.
- Thorough knowledge of Economics, Finance, Business or related field.
- Excellent writing skills;
- Knowledge of at least one statistical program (e.g., SAS, Stata, Eviews, R) and willingness to learn others.
- Knowledge of advanced topics in Excel.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Applicants must submit the following documentation either by electronic or U.S. mail:
- A current resume.
- A writing sample. Choose an independently authored sample that is well-written and well-reasoned. We are unlikely to read more than the first 5 pages.
- A statement explaining how this fellowship at AIER will contribute to your professional goals.
- An official transcript directly from your school or university.
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers, college professors, or employers.