Who We Are
Our vision is that through your work with the Center for Life Beyond Reed, you will better understand your interests and purpose; learn about opportunities in a wide variety of fields; become a leader in your chosen field; engage with and thrive in the global marketplace through meaningful, purposeful work.
- 1:1 advising
- access to job and internship databases
- events and programs for students and alumni
- a newsletter and Google groups with curated content for students
CLBR Anti-Racism Statement
The Center for Life Beyond Reed is committed to upholding Reed College’s anti-racism and diversity statements and to ensuring that all students feel a sense of belonging at Reed. This department-specific anti-racism statement guides our daily practice as a team.
We acknowledge the profound impact that white supremacy has on people who are Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) and of other marginalized identities. We commit to disrupt racism in higher education and in places of employment. This includes how we define and speak about professionalism, the development of equitable programming, resources and opportunities to combat injustice.
As a team, we educate ourselves on the theories, research, scholarship and stories of diversity, equity and inclusion. We challenge the biases that impact our work with students, colleagues, and the wider community. We seek and encourage dialogue of varying perspectives as we continue to expand our self-awareness and understanding of how diversity influences our students’ concepts of purpose and professional growth.
Our work is not done, our education is not complete, and we will always keep equity in the center of our work.
(Adopted December 16th, 2021)
Spring 2022 Services
The Center for Life Beyond Reed is committed to continuing to provide support for students and recent graduates during this unique time. Here are the ways you can work with us:
- Make a virtual appointment through Handshake: our advisors offer video or phone call or advising by email appointments
- Book an appointment with a Peer Career Advisor: this is a great place to start, especially for First Year students (available while classes are in session)
- Go to virtual drop-in advising with our Peer Career Advisors (available while classes are in session)
- Come to in-person drop-in hours (hours and location in right sidebar)
- Attend events
- Search for funding
- Check out our recorded webinars
- Email us with general CLBR questions at firstname.lastname@example.org, or about fellowships and awards at email@example.com.
We look forward to working with you soon.
Job Shadows: Any Time, Everywhere
A job shadow is a chance to observe and follow Reed alumni, parents, and anyone you want to ask for a short period of time, to allow you to explore what happens in a field in which you have interest.
Fellowships & Awards
You can search for opportunities by deadline, class year to apply as, community of purpose, and more.