Faculty & Staff
As you advise and counsel students and alumni, use our online resources to research graduate school information, fellowships, career areas, and more.
We encourage you to investigate the services and support we offer to students and to refer your advisees to us the first time you meet with them (and often thereafter). Let your advisees know about our offerings:
- Individual career counseling
- Access to Griffin Door, our job and internship database
- Job and internship search strategies (for part-time, full-time, and on-campus employment)
- Career panels and events applicable to all majors
- Weekly email newsletter with curated opportunities
Write a Letter of Recommendation
Faculty and staff members are frequently asked to be references and write letters of recommendation for students. Contact Michelle Johnson, the fellowships adviser, with any questions about writing a letter of recommendation, and check out our resources for professional references.
Partner with Us
Bring in a Department Speaker
The Center for Life Beyond Reed can coordinate a presentation tailored specifically to your advisees. Sample topics include
- career opportunities in specific majors;
- resume and cover letter writing;
- the job search process;
- mock interviewing;
- pre-professional and graduate school admission advising;
- standardized test preparation.
We can also provide you with a list of alumni volunteers—sorted by major, career field, or employer—who would be appropriate for seminar presentations. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share Student Success
We find that we are most successful in helping students with academic and career planning when we follow the successes of our Reed graduates. Share the post-graduate success stories of your former students so that we can keep track of where our young alumni thrive after graduation. Email our office or call us at 503/777-7550.