DIVISION OF STUDENT SERVICES
The Center for Life Beyond Reed
Welcome! We are eager to establish and develop relationships with employers who are looking for part-time and summer workers, college interns, and/or those who offer full-time, post-baccalaureate opportunities suited for soon-to-be or recent college graduates.
How to Recruit at ReedWe continually seek new and creative ways to connect our students to the best employers and opportunities. Contact us anytime to discuss options such as a campus visit for an information session or a table session during lunch in our dining commons in Gray Campus Center. We can also involve employers in special programs aimed to help students prepare for the employment process (e.g., mock interviews, career shadowing, alumni engagement) or other career-related issues. We welcome your interest in these areas, too.
- Employer Presentations
- Employer Table
Career and Internship Connections (CIC)
In January of 2014, the following CIC fairs will take place:
Boston: January 6th, 2014, Boston Common Hotel & Conference Center
NYC: January 8th, 2014, American Management Association Conference Center
West Coast (Los Angeles): January 9th, 2014, Olympic Collections Banquet and Conference Center
Washington, DC: January 10th, 2014, FHI Development 360 LLC Conference Center
Innovative events to help your organization meet your volunteer, internship and full-time recruiting needs:
- Participation is FREE.
- The events bring the students to you! CICs are held in Washington DC, Boston, New York, and Los Angeles. Students come to you with the goal of interning over the summer and/or working full-time after graduation in these metro areas.
- Immediate access to hundreds of quality candidates. In total, 9 are ranked in the top 55 for "Best National Universities" and represent diverse majors including liberal arts, engineering, and sciences.
- CICs are unique in that they blend the best of a career fair and pre-screened interviews. Not only can you participate in a “traditional” career fair, you can post positions/typical hiring needs before the event to increase student interest AND create an interview schedule:
- THE OPEN FORUM: Exchange information, collect resumes, identify candidates, and, if desired, add students to afternoon interview schedules from 9:30am to 11:30am.
- PRE SCREENED INTERVIEWS: Receive resume collections and interview with pre-selected candidates after the morning session from 12:30pm to 5:00pm.
- Not sure what your hiring needs will be? In these challenging times, CIC events are still a great way to meet and interview volunteer/internship candidates AND prescreen candidates for “typical” full-time positions that may become available in the coming months.
- Not sure if this event is right for you? Register, post a position, and make final decisions after you review resume submissions. If you are unable to identify qualified candidates, there is no obligation to attend!
First Avenue Career & Graduate School Fair (More information on the OLAPC Web site).
Reed College Internship Advantage Initiative...
....connects top employers with talented candidates for paid, substantive internships that support students’ professional development and add value to the employer's workplace. Through the Reed Internship Initiative, your organization can recruit ambitious, intelligent Reed students with an unrivaled work ethic. Employers consistently report that Reed students excel at problem solving, beat their expectations, and make significant contributions to the company. We appreciate your consideration of joining as a business partner with the Internship Advantage.
Non-Profits, Schools, and Public Sector Agencies
You may be able to hire a Reed Federal Work Study Intern
Programs that provide a community service designed to improve the quality of life for community residents, particularly low-income people, or to solve particular programs related to their needs may qualify to participate (at no cost to you!) in our federal work study program. Students are paid with their financial aid funds, and are available for 2-10 hours per week. For more information, please call Brooke Hunter, 503.777.7550. To read more about this opportunity, click here.
Why Reed Students?
- Reed Students are smart!
- No grade inflation at Reed.
- Read more