Sexual Health, Advocacy & Relationship Education

Campus Support

Supportive Measures

The college will take steps to ensure equal access to its education programs and activities and protect the survivor as necessary. Supportive measures may be provided when requested and reasonably available, and may be available before the final outcome of an investigation. 

SHARE advocates and the SHARE program director can assist survivors in identifying and accessing appropriate supportive measures. Decisions about supportive measures for students are made by the Title IX coordinator. A report to law enforcement is not necessary to receive these supportive measures, but a Title IX report may be necessary to access them. 

Campus escort

Community safety may be able to arrange for an escort to accompany a survivor across campus. (This service is available to anyone and no reason needs to be given.) 

Classes and coursework

If the survivor and accused share a class, the survivor may be able to change sections. If this is not possible, the student services office can work with faculty to try to find an accommodation that will minimize the academic impact on the survivor. 

The Office of Student Life may be able to help arrange additional tutoring and other academic support and can alert faculty that a survivor may be experiencing difficulty. 

Counseling and medical care 

Counseling and medical care are available to students without charge. Contact health & counseling services for information.


It may be possible for survivors to change their residence on campus or end housing contracts. Survivors may be able to secure temporary emergency housing even if they live off campus. Contact a SHARE advocate or the program director for more information.

During business hours, contact residence life; after hours, contact community safety.  

No-contact and protective orders

No-contact orders between two members of the Reed community may be requested from the dean of faculty, the director of human resources, or the director of community safety. No-contact orders are non-punitive and reciprocal. 

Protective or restraining orders may be issued by courts for survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, and stalking. Protective orders may require the respondent to stay away from specific places or to avoid certain types of contact. If the respondent violates the protective order, they may be subject to criminal penalty. Reed honors all court-issued protective orders. For more information, contact an attorney or an advocate. 

Reporting assistance

SHARE advocates, counselors, and the SHARE Program Director can accompany survivors when making a report to the college. Community safety can assist in reporting to law enforcement. 

Work scheduling

If the survivor or accused are employed on campus, the dean of students' office can work with campus employers to minimize the possibility that employment will put the parties in contact.