International Student Services

Division of Student Life

Travel and Re-Entry

Plan ahead to acquire visas that might be required by the countries you will travel to or through.

Before traveling outside of the United States, F-1 and J-1 visa holders should make sure that their I-20 or DS-2019 has been signed within six months of the date they will re-enter the United States and that their passport will be valid for at least six months.

Many of Reed’s international students travel to or through Canada at some point during their stay at Reed. Learn more about the process for obtaining a visa to visit Canada.

International students may travel within the United States without obtaining special permission but should always be sure to carry their valid immigration documents.