Reed College Staff Vollum Funds
Vollum Funds are available each semester for staff members to use for the purpose of facilitating social interactions that are not connected to academic life between students and staff.
For faculty use of Vollum funds, please email Lin Reedijk with your request (submitting the form below is not necessary as it relates to staff use of funds specifically).
Funding may be used for:
- Hosting meals for students on- or off-campus
- Attending plays, movies, museums, sporting events or for recreational activities
- Fees for using Reed vans, taking public transportation, Uber/Lyft or fuel costs
Funding may not be used for:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Student-initiated activities
- Reimbursement of student payment for Vollum Funds interaction
Eligibility & Schedule
Staff members working >.5 FTE are entitled to $100.00 per semester, and staff working <.5 FTE are given $50.00 per semester. Unused funds do not roll over. Staff may also combine their funds with those of other staff members for larger events. If you would like to request additional funding, please contact Cathy Carrington at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The schedule for funding is as follows (receipt dates should fall within these date ranges for reimbursement or charge):
- Fall Semester: August 28, 2023 – December 6, 2023
- Spring Semester: January 22, 2024 – June 1, 2024
If you have any questions about funding, please contact Cathy Carrington at email@example.com.
We are utilizing a new system for submitting your request for staff Vollum funds' use. Please fill out and submit this form for review.
P-card expensed requests should be submitted prior to the reconciliation period for the relevant P-card statement.