Orientation: August 17–26, 2018
Welcome to all new students! Reed’s Orientation program will help you begin to explore the range of academic and co-curricular opportunities at Reed. You will have fun, meet your classmates, get your bearings, and begin to settle in to life at Reed.
A Note from the Orientation Staff
Before you arrive, please read this site carefully to find out everything you need to know about New Reedie Orientation. It is especially important that you check the Getting Started at Reed page and complete the necessary forms—this information is time sensitive.
- Tuesday, August 14
- Peer Mentor Program & International Student Orientation participants arrive
- Friday, August 17
- Check-in, 1 p.m.–5 p.m., Kaul Auditorium
- This check-in is only for students who have pre-registered for Outdoor or SEEDS Experiences.
- Saturday, August 18
- Experiences begin
- Monday, August 20
- Experiences conclude, late afternoon
- New Reedie check-in, 9 a.m.–2 p.m., Kaul Auditorium
- This check-in is for students who did not attend a Pre-Orientation Program.
- Parent Orientation check-in, 9 a.m.–2 p.m., Kaul Auditorium
- Tuesday, August 21
- Parent Orientation concludes, 6 p.m.
- Sunday, August 26
- Orientation concludes, evening
- Monday, August 27
- First day of classes
We are committed to providing equal access for all to our programs and facilities. We will do our best to provide reasonable accommodation of mobility and non-mobility disabilities. If you have questions, or accommodation requests, please contact the Orientation staff by August 1.
Gender Inclusive Resources & FAQ
The Office for Inclusive Community has created an FAQ that addresses many common questions about housing assignments, ID cards, healthcare, and preferred names. You can also find more detailed information about name, gender, and pronoun updates on the diversity page. Feel free to contact Dayspring Mattole with any additional questions or concerns.
We will be providing translation services during three of our key parent and family Orientation events. Please contact us by August 1 to make requests.