Transfer Advising & Registration
Admitted transfer students receive an evaluation of transfer credit in their admission packet. The registrar's office prepares this evaluation, identifying which courses have transferred, which general college requirements have been met, and the general college requirements that remain to be completed.
New students will be registering for Fall courses in a series of steps this year.
- July 6-7: New students (including transfer students) meet with faculty member(s) for group advising on first-choice course selection
- July 13: First-choice course selection worksheet due
- July 28 - Join virtual department open houses to learn more about Reed’s various departments and majors. Faculty will be available to answer questions. The schedule will be published soon.
- July 29-31: New students meet remotely with their academic advisers (advisers will contact students to schedule meeting times)
- August 3: SOLAR opens for new students to register for additional courses
When you meet with your adviser at the end of July, your adviser will have a copy of your updated transfer credit evaluation. Course descriptions and syllabi from your previous college(s) help professors gain a better sense of the depth and breadth of your completed course work. Please bring this information with you to your advising appointment.
Humanities Requirement for Transfer Students
At Reed, the one class that almost all students take is Humanities 110. As a transfer student, you may not need to take this year-long class if you have sophomore standing and some background in the humanities. If you have not yet met the requirement as a sophomore or junior, we recommend that you sign up for one of the Humanities 200-level courses.
The Office of the Registrar answers commonly asked questions about registration, credit transfers, and degree planning on their website. Contact Ben Bradley (503-777-7295) in the registrar's office with questions about navigating the credit evaluation and transfer process.