Welcome to Reed College academics!
During Orientation week in August, you will meet with your academic adviser and register for courses for both the Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 terms. Starting on May 2, we will have more information for you on this page, but for now, see below for a quick overview of key dates related to advising and registration:
- May 2—June 1, 2022: Log in to IRIS and complete the “Academic interest and introduction to adviser” form.
- The information you share in this form will be used to match you with a faculty member who will serve as your first-year adviser and help you register for classes during Orientation.
- June 2022: Review the information about the Reed liberal arts experience and the registration process as part of the online Orientation program.
- Monday, August 22: You’ll be given the name of your adviser and information about your first advising appointment.
- Thursday, August 25: You will meet with your adviser and register for Fall- and Spring-term classes.
- Monday, August 29: Classes begin!
Until more information about advising and registration is posted in May, explore our academic department pages to learn about the various programs of study at Reed. In particular, take some time to look through the Humanities 110 page, which will give you more information about this foundational course required of all first year students.
The Reed College Bookstore
The bookstore is a nonprofit, institutionally-owned shop that supports the educational mission of the college. All of your textbooks and school supplies can be purchased at the bookstore, which also provides textbook reservations, textbook buyback, textbook rentals, bookstore accounts, special orders, and a textbook scholarship program.