The Honor Council
Confidential. Neutral. Conflict Mediation. Resource Referral.
The Honor Council is a committee of students, faculty, and staff dedicated to fostering engagement with the Honor Principle in the Reed community.
There are nine student members, three faculty, and three staff members on Honor Council. Honor Council serves as an outlet for questions and concerns regarding mediation, resource referral, and neutral problem-solving. Consultations are kept confidential (exceptions to the strict confidentiality of Honor Council consultation include violations of the college's Sexual Assault Policy, Sexual Harassment Policy and situations when there is a risk of imminent harm). Learn more about how mediation actually works.
Some common reasons people get in touch with Honor Council are to
- talk or get advice about conflicts with roommates, friends, on campus groups
- ask questions about the mediation process, Title IX process, or other hearing board proceedings/codes
- discuss an ongoing Judicial Board proceeding with a confidential peer
- get resources for on and off-campus help
To contact the Honor Council, stop by our regular office hours on the lower level of the Gray Campus Center (GCC 048), email one of us personally by looking us up on IRIS, or send an email to all of us at email@example.com. You can also find us on Instagram!
Honor Council members can help fill out any of these forms, or assist in understanding various codes for campus groups.
- Complete an Online Mediation Request Form
- Community Safety Feedback Form
- Download the Honor Council Code
- Judicial Board Complaint Form
- Faculty Grievance Form
- Staff Grievance Form