Psychology Transfer Credit Request
For students interested in transferring psychology courses from another institution to Reed, we ask you to complete the form linked below with the information required to process your request. The more complete the information provided, the more quickly your request can be processed.
Some information to keep in mind:
- We rarely approve requests to use an introductory psychology course taught elsewhere to fulfill the introductory psychology courses required for our major. Our introductory series is unique and includes laboratory experiences not commonly included in introductory courses.
- Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) credits cannot be substituted for psychology requirements.
- The bar is relatively high for substituting a psychology course from another institution for one of our major core courses. Again, the required laboratory component with data collection and analysis for many of our core courses is not common at other institutions.
- For psychology courses to be applied to the Group 3 requirements, please make sure to include a copy of the syllabus for review. We need to be assured that the course meets the requirements of the Group 3 designation, especially requests for a 3+ course (data collection and analysis).
- Asynchronous, online courses will not be afforded credit. We will consider online courses only on a case-by-case basis.
We ask for your patience in processing your request.