- Christoper Stasse. Buddhism, Nature, and 'Mystic Vision': A Study of the Poem and Preface on a Journey to Stone Gate
- Benjamin Landauer. Cyber-feminist Poetics in China and Taiwan: Zhai Yongming, Yin Lichuan, and Xia Yu
- Caroline Toll. Humanimals: An Analysis of the Progression of Animal-Human Hybrids in Mo Yan's Life and Death Are Wearing Me Out
- Ian Connelly. Remembering the Folk: Visibility and Bearing Witness in the Folk Memory Project
- Aaron Finsrud. Alienation and Conceptions of Self: A Close Reading of Three of Bai Xianyong's Short Stories
- Joseph Winitsky. Gender in the Jianghu: Transgressive Gender Performance in "Wuxia" Cinema
- Keegan Luke Burns. Iconoclasm and Subjectivity: Reflections on Locating Reverence in Luo Fu's Driftwood
- Joan Guldin. Abandoned Trails and False Peaks: A Journey Though the Xiyouji
- Victoria James. Biographies of Tang Military Officials: An Exercise in Genre
- Antonio C. Marin. The Daoist Hero's Tale: Moral Doctrine in the "Ba xian de Dao zhuan" Stories of Lü Dongbin
- Owen Maurince Mee. Tying Together a Classic: An Analysis of the Interpretation of "The Book of Changes" Found in the "Great Commentary"
- Wendell Britt. The Dystopian Present: Recontextualizing Yu Hua's 1980 Fiction
- Joseph Anthony Vincent. Samadhi Through Pleasure: Three Readings and a Translation of the "Voice and Countenance" section (聲容部) of Li Yu's (李漁, 1611-1680) "Xianqing ouji" (閒情偶寄)
- Michelle Kathleen Baxa. Autumn is Coming: The Poetry of Qiu Jin
- Max Maller. Xiangsheng and its Audience: Comedy, Remonstrance, and the Invention of Tradition in Modern China
- Alan Montecillo. Songs in the "Jin ping mei cihua"
- Rose Eugenia Statman. "Make the Past Serve the Present": Images of the Past in Two Pre-Cultural Revolution Modern-day Peking Operas
- Joel Whitehead. Thymotic Community and the Sovereign Chinese Self in Jiang Rong's "Wolf Totem" and Other Root-seeking Fiction
- Amy Egerton-Wiley. Already Exiled From Home: History and Nostalgic Dissonance in Mo Yan's "Red Sorghum"
- Lev Navarre Chao. Confucianism and Christianity in Francis Wei's Vision of a Modern China
- Rex Crabb. Revisiting the Taibo temple: the Organization and Themes of "The Scholars"
- Matthew Wild. One Star Like the Moon: The Poetry of Huang Jingren
- Lacy Rose P. Lackey. Enacting Time in the Chu Silk Manuscript
- James McMath. Zhong se qing you: a Study of Seduction in the "Shui Hu Zhuan"
- Jeremy A. Nelson. Our Revolution: Youth, Love, and Chronology in the Works of Wang Meng
- Frances Kershaw. Spatializing identity: a Reading of Eileen Chang's Chuanqi Stories
- Aaron Matthew Gordon McCloud. Papercuts: the Literary and the Martial in the Genre of Wuxia Fiction
- Alia Elizabeth Breitwieser. Narrative indulgence : the Theoretical Implications of Li Yu's "The Twelve Halls"
- Clare Ingram Dunathan Lawrence. Violation and Redemption in the early 20th-century Chinese Rape Narrative
- Evelyn Salazar. An Analysis of Gender Reconstruction in Zhang Yimou's "Red sorghum," "Ju dou," and "Raise the Red Lantern"
- Justin Gillette. Reading the Republican Child: May Fourth Ideology and the Creation of a Modern Chinese Children's Literature in "The Scarecrow"
- Joshua Willey. Cinematic absence
- Om Buffalo. Su Shi's "Poems matching Tao"
- Clara Chiyoko Iwasaki. In Love with the Past: the Relationship between Nostalgia and Same-sex Love in "Farewell my Concubine" and "Fleeing by Night"
- Colin Mieling. A Personal Public: Form and Meaning in Han Shaogong's "Maqiao cidian"
- Christopher René Hakkenberg van Gaasbeek. Re-articulating literary dissent : an analysis of Wang Shuo's "Playing for Thrills"
- Avery Quinn Larson. The Development of Intellectual Historiography in the Classical Period: Early Attempts to Order the Hundred Schools of Chinese Philosophy
- Amelia Raguso. Reclaiming the self : an autobiographical reading of Wang Meng's "Bolshevik salute"
- Brian Gottlieb. Hi-yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! decoding the martial arts film: genre utilization in Tsui Hark's "The Blade"
- Heidi Janes. Cosmological models and healing in the "Huangdi Neijing"
- Kyle Steinke. A mirror for the romantic: literary creativity in Pu Songling's "Liaozhai zhiyi"
- Jennifer Jane Hong. Writing "Qing", or "my innermost feelings" in "Ci": marginality in the poetry and poetics of Liu Yong and Li Qingzhao
- Shaheen R. Rassoul. Investigating the myth of Chinese identity and national crisis: an unintended aftershock of NATO's bombing of the Chinese embassy
- Chris Nutter. The growth of hope in the writings of Xu Dishan
- Thomas James Maxwell Strong. Poor Han Yu
- John Goff. Strategies of representation and the concept of legitimacy in Sanguo Yanyi and Sanguo Zhi
- Jonah Salt Greenberg. The ghost of the pot: aesthetic and pragmatic approaches to Yuan dynasty justice operas
- Deeanna Gunderson. Beyond the pleasure of spectacle : the aesthetic contribution of China's fifth generation film-makers
- Laura Peterson. Fishbones in their throats: the poetry and political dissent of Qu Yuan, Su Shi and Hu Feng
- Shannon Lorraine Henderson. I eat jade: on the correction and prevention of pronunciation difficulties for American students learning Mandarin Chinese
- Daniel Stone Rote. Considering the un-revolutionary character of Lao She's teahouse: a question of loyalty in modern Chinese fiction
- Jessica Lee Patterson. The early development of Wu Wei: a comparative evaluation
- Catherine Maria Hart. Hegemony, exoticization, alienation: a reading of Bertolt Brecht's construct of the alienation effect in the Chinese theatre
- Katharine Esther VonIsakovics Poundstone. Sculpting an image of the times: a translation of Wang Shuo's novella The players
- Nicolle Yvette LaFleur. But you're a woman: perspectives on the representations of women in post-cultural revolution Chinese cinema