COVID-19 On-Campus Work Information
Student workers must comply with the public health measures outlined in the college's COVID-19 Prevention & Response Plan, including the following. These measures are subject to change as public health guidance evolves.
- Meet college vaccination and medical record requirements.
- Comply with any face covering requirements in place while on campus.
- Report any positive COVID-19 test results or COVID-19-like symptoms to the Health and Counseling Center and follow the instructions below to not attend in person work until cleared by the HCC.
Missing work due to illness or quarantine
Student workers who test positive for COVID-19 or have COVID-19-like symptoms should do the following:
- Stay at home or in their residence hall room and contact the HCC. Do not physically go to work until cleared to do so by the HCC.
- Contact your supervisor to let them know you will be missing work. Do this as soon as possible.
- Your supervisor may provide you with work to complete remotely at your residence during this time. If remote work is not offered or you do not feel well enough to complete remote work, you may use accrued paid sick time for scheduled shifts that you miss due to illness or quarantine. Instructions for this are in the student worker handbook on page 14.
- If you are experiencing financial hardship due to missing work, resources may be available. Contact the financial aid office to discuss options.
Supervisors should familiarize themselves with the college's COVID-19 Prevention & Response Plan and be aware of current policies regarding face covering and vaccination requirements. Remind student workers to follow college public health policies at work when necessary, and provide instructions for student workers on any job-specific COVID-19 protocols in place.
Supervisors should adhere to the college's remote work policy. If a student misses work due to quarantine or illness, the Student Work Office encourages offering remote work or make-up hours to that student when possible. If not possible, remind students to use their accrued paid sick time.