Student Support

Division of Student Life

Student Support Resources  

This is a comprehensive guide to campus and community support and wellness resources available to Reed students.

Academic, financial, and administrative resources can be found via the Student Hub. Students are encouraged to reach out to resources directly, or contact the Reed Care Team for assistance.

This guide is organized by the following categories:

Basic Needs Resources

Food security resources

Reed Community Pantry
The Reed Community Pantry provides nonperishable food items, toiletries, hygiene products, clothing, books, and more at no cost to members of the Reed community. This resource is open to Reed students, faculty, and staff. Visit the RCP website for current hours.

Housing security resources

Emergency On-Campus Housing
Residence Life offers free temporary housing for currently enrolled students experiencing unsafe or insecure housing (e.g. facilities emergency, escalating roommate conflict, eviction). Emergency housing is available for up to 72 hours while a longer term plan for housing is made. 

Community Alliance of Tenants
CAT is a tenant advocacy group in Multnomah and neighboring counties. CAT operates the Renters' Rights Hotline and advises tenants on their rights and strategies for off-campus living situations.  

Financial security resources

Reed Emergency FundThe Reed Emergency Relief Fund is a limited resource available to students who have short-term or one-time needs that are deemed essential to the personal health or academic wellbeing of the student. 

Medical & Physical Health Resources

For emergency assistance 24/7,
call Community Safety at 503-788-6666

Health & Counseling Center
The HCC provides primary care and referral services to currently enrolled students. All students can use the HCC for medical and counseling services, regardless of their health insurance. The HCC is open weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. during the academic year. Students can make a medical appointment through the student health portal or by calling 503-777-7281.

Nurse Advice Careline
When the HCC is closed, Reed students can call the Nurse Advice Line to consult with a registered nurse. The advice line nurses can help answer questions about symptoms, deciding between urgent care, the emergency room, or waiting for the HCC to re-open, and/or home treatment options and advice. Available after 5 p.m. on weekdays and 24-hours on weekends.

Urgent care clinics

Urgent care and primary care appointments, including medication refills. Locations near Reed's campus in Sellwood and on SE Woodstock and SE Hawthorne. 

Providence Hospital Express Care
Urgent care medical services. Schedule a same-day office or virtual appointment online.

Legacy Go Health Urgent Care
Urgent care medical services. Make an appointment online or walk-in. Multiple locations in the Portland area.


Information about local area hospitals can be found on the HCC webpage.

Mental Health Resources

For emergency assistance 24/7,
call Community Safety at 503-788-6666. 

Students seeking guidance on emergency or urgent mental health resources are encouraged to contact the Health & Counseling Center (503-777-7281) during business hours or the Student Life On-Call Team via Community Safety (503-788-6666) after hours. 

Campus Resources

Health and Counseling Center
Reed's Health and Counseling Center provides counseling and referral services to currently enrolled students. All students can use the HCC for medical and counseling services, regardless of their health insurance. The HCC is open weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. during the academic year. Students can make a counseling intake appointment by calling 503-777-7281. 

Reed Counseling Hotline
The Reed Counseling Hotline provides free access to a licensed and confidential counselor. Call 866-432-1224. Available 24 hours a day. 

Togetherall is a safe, online community for peer support. This online community allows students to share feelings and exchange strategies for maintaining mental health and well-being. This online community is safely monitored by licensed and registered mental health practitioners. Click here to register, or click here for help notes and FAQ.


Uwill is a leading mental health and wellness solution that allows students the ability to
connect immediately with licensed available mental counselors based on their unique needs
and preferences. Students can register and book their first session via the UWill app. Visit the Uwill FAQ page for more information. 

Community Resources

Multnomah County Mental Health Line
Multnomah County Mental Health Line provides mental health support and facilitated connection to mental health providers, including low-cost or sliding scale agencies. Call 503-988-4888 for consultation. Available 24 hours a day.

Cascadia Urgent Behavioral Health Walk-In Clinic
The Cascadia Walk-In Clinic provides mental health emergencies and crisis support, including short-term counseling, emergency medication refills, and substance treatment referrals. The clinic serves all individuals in Multnomah County regardless of insurance, income or age. Open weekdays from 7 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. and weekends from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. 

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for students and loved ones. Call 1-800-273-TALK or use the chat feature on their website. Available 24 hours a day.

Crisis Text Line
Students can text the Crisis Text Line to connect to a trained crisis counselor. Text HOME to 741741. BIPOC individuals can text STEVE to 741741 to connect to a culturally responsive counselor. Available 24 hours a day.

Oregon Warmline
The Oregon Warmline offers non-judgmental and confidential peer support. Call 800-698-2392. Available daily from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. 

Identity-Specific Mental Health Resources

For Black, Indigenous & People of Color

Racial Equity Support Line
Lines for Life operates this support line led and staffed by BIPOC counselors. This crisis line offer support to those who are feeling the emotional impacts of racist violence and microaggressions, as well as the emotional impacts of immigration struggles and other cross-cultural issues. Call 503-575-3764. Available weekdays from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. PST.

Crisis Text Line for POC
Young people of color can text the Crisis Text Line to connect to a culturally responsive crisis counselor. Text STEVE to 741741. Available 24 hours a day. 

For Black and African American individuals

Call BlackLine
Call BlackLine provides a space for peer support, counseling, witnessing and affirming the lived experiences of individuals who are most impacted by systematic oppression with an LGBTQ+ Black Femme lens. Call or text 1-800-604-5841. Available 24 hours a day. 

For Asian, Asian-American, and Pacific Island individuals

Portland Asian Health & Services Center
The Asian Health & Services Center provides a safe and culturally sensitive place for Asians who seek mental health care. It is a culturally competent and linguistically appropriate service that is offered in Cantonese, English, Korean, Mandarin or Vietnamese.
Asian LifeNet Hotline
The Asian LifeNet Hotline provides crisis support servics available in Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean & Fujianese. Call 1-877-990-8585. Available 24 hours a day. 

For Indigenous, American Native, and Alaska Native individuals

Native American Rehabilitation Association
NARA provides culturally appropriate education, physical and mental health services to American Indians. NARA’s Adult Mental Health Program provides a variety of counseling and support services for adults ages 18 and older. Referrals for adult mental health services are received on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. by calling NARA's Mental Health Intake Line at (503) 307-7775. 

For Latino, Latina & Latinox individuals

Western Conexiones
Western Conexiones is a team of bilingual (Spanish-English) mental health providers who offer multicultural counseling, psychiatric evaluations, and trauma healing services. Call 503-327-8205 to schedule an appointment.  

Bienestar de la Familia
Bienestar de la Familia (The Wellbeing of the Family) offers culturally responsive and linguistically appropriate services for Multnomah County's Latino Community. Call 503-988-3509 to schedule an appointment.

For LGBTQIA2S+ individuals

Trevor LifeLine
A crisis intervention and suicide prevention hotline for LBGTQ+ young adults. Call 866-488-7386 or text START to 678678. Free and confidential. Available 24 hours a day. 

Trans Lifeline
Trans LifeLine is a trans-led organization that connects trans people to the community, support, and resources. Spanish-speaking operators are available. Call 877-565-8860. Available daily from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. PST.

Q Center
Portland's Q Center offers multiple recovery and mental health support groups and affinity groups. Support groups are currently meeting virtually. Visit the Q Center Program Calendar for meeting information. 


Emergency & Crisis Support 

For emergency assistance 24/7,
call Community Safety at 503-788-6666

Community Safety
Community Safety provides emergency assistance and security services for any safety concern. Call 503-788-6666 (emergency) or 503-517-5355 (non-emergency). Available 24 hours a day.

Student Life On-Call Team
The Student Life On-Call Team works together to coordinate emergency and timely support services for Reed students. The Student Life On-Call Team is accessed through Community Safety. Call 503-788-6666. Available 24 hours a day. 

Emergency On-Campus Housing
Residence Life offers free temporary emergency housing for currently enrolled students at Reed. Emergency housing is available for up to 72 hours while a longer term plan for housing is made. Students can request use of an emergency room by calling Community Safety at 503-788-6666. Available 24 hours a day. 

Advocacy Support

Sexual Health, Advocacy & Relationship Education (SHARE)
SHARE confidential advocacy and supportive services for survivors and allies are available via phone, text, or Zoom; chat at (monitored daily). Email; contact program director Rowan Frost at or 503-517-7966. 

Call to Safety
Crisis support, follow-up advocacy, in-person medical advocacy, and support groups for survivors of domestic and sexual violence. Call 503-235-5333 (available 24 hours a day) or text 503-235-5333 (available Monday–Friday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.).

Grief & Loss Support 

In addition to the mental health services listed above, students may benefit from resources specifically dedicated to the topic of grief and loss. We acknowledge and affirm there are many different ways to process and cope with grief and loss, including but not limited to, the resources below:

Dougy Center

The Dougy Center offers free support groups for young adults who are grieving the death of someone significant (parent, sibling, friend, partner, spouse, or other family member) in their lives. During the pandemic, these biweekly support groups are held virtually. The Dougy Center also offers a grief support group specific for Spanish-speaking individuals and families. To join, call 503-775-5683 or email help@dougy.orgThe Dougy Center also offers online resources for young adults who are grieving.

Emergency Absence

Students who need bereveament leave from classes can contact the Student Life Office to request an emergency absence