Cars for Reedies
Zipcar provides Reed College students discounted membership. As well as saving money, and offering increased mobility to students, Zipcar use can help the environment - each Zipcar member reduces their CO2 emissions by 1,600 pounds per year.*
Zipcars are located in the North Lot on Reed's campus and at many locations around Portland, the US, and Internationally.
You can sign up here.
As a member you get:
- Access to Zipcars 24/7
- Discounted rates
- Gas, insurance, and maintenance included
Please contact Zipcar for additional information or help with signing up.
Reed College's contractual relationship with Zipcar extends only to providing space on campus in return for favorable rates for membership. When using Zipcar, the agreement is between Zipcar and the member; students should read the membership agreement carefully as this is a contract. Reed College is not responsible for and does not provide insurance coverage for any damage, loss, or claim arising from the use of Zipcar.
* Zipcar data from 3/2022 - in comparison with car ownership
For Reed-related trips or when using college equipment or vehicles:
- When spending student senate funds, the trip must be approved by the student senate.
- Club travel must be approved by Office of Student Engagement.
- Book well in advance to ensure a college van is available and complete the requirements to use a college van.
- When planning an outdoor trip, review the sports center's “Plan a Trip” page.
- Review our Transportation & Travel page for advice and resources to help plan your trip.
More details for travel related to academic teams can be found on the student engagement website.
In general, student activities will require the following for domestic trips:
- At least 3 weeks before the trip, the names of students traveling
- Professorial approval, and for the student to be in good academic standing
- Prior to leaving, telephone numbers, hotels, travel plans, flight itineraries
International travel requires a longer notice period of 2-to-3 months and, due to the complexity, should be coordinated directly with the Office of Student Engagement.