Enterprise & National Car RentalReed College faculty and staff have access to discounted pricing for car rentals through a preferred provider agreement with Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental.
When renting a vehicle for Reed College business it is preferred that the vehicle is rented through Enterprise or National, this helps ensure a higher level of service, greater value, and provides additional protection to the College through increased insurance and liability coverage.
How to Use
First-time users will need to enroll in the Emerald Club
- Begin a reservation by visiting the Enterprise or National websites
- Enter the program code XZ46871
- Enterprise - the code is entered into the 'Promotion Code or Account Number' field
- National - the code is entered into the 'Contract ID' field
- Select a vehicle based on need and rates
- Reed travelers should find that Intermediate/Mid-size cars are the best rate, in some cases, a local promotions may make other higher class vehicles lower priced and Reed travelers are encouraged to take advantage of these promotions
- Do not select additional insurance options; the discount rate includes insurance
For traveling in and around Portland and Oregon Enterprise are the preferred vendor, for longer distance travel National have an extensive network of airport locations.
Business use is defined as any rental that is in whole or in part paid for or reimbursed for by the College
Other features of the preferred program are:
- Reed travelers using National can bypass the counter by using the 'Emerald Aisle.'
- When booking a mid-size/intermediate car, National provide a free upgrade to fulls size/standard
- Weekly rentals automatically get the 7th day free
- Reed faculty and staff are eligible to become members of the Emerald Club with access to the benefits and programs it provides
- Insurance covers the full cost of the vehicle and $1,000,000 of liability coverage*
- The preferred rates are also available for personal use, using the code XZ46872. Please note that insurance is not included for personal use.
*State laws and drivers under 25 may alter the total value of the liability coverage
Cars for Reedies
Zipcar provides Reed College discounted membership. As well as saving money, and offering increased mobility to students, faculty, and staff. Zipcar use can help the environment - each Zipcar member reduces their CO2 emissions by 1,600 pounds per year.*
Zipcars are located in the North Lot on Reed's campus and at many locations around Portland, the US, and Internationally.
You can sign up here.
As a member you get:
- Access to Zipcars 24/7
- Discounted rates
- Gas, insurance, and maintenance included
Please contact Zipcar for additional information or help with signing up.
Reed College's contractual relationship with Zipcar extends only to providing space on campus in return for favorable rates for membership. When using Zipcar, the agreement is between Zipcar and the member; students should read the membership agreement carefully as this is a contract. Reed College is not responsible for and does not provide insurance coverage for any damage, loss, or claim arising from the use of Zipcar.
* Zipcar data from 3/2022 - in comparison with car ownership