Reed College Catering Policy
As per our service contract with Bon Appetit, Reed College has the privilege to allow exclusive rights to Bon Appetit to provide and manage all food service programs including catering and summer conference meal service on campus and the exclusive right to sell to students, employees, guests and other persons at Reed food products, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Because of this, Bon Appetit has the first right of refusal for all catering events on campus.
A catering event is any of the following:
- involves alcohol,
- involves an invitation or is publicized,
- is open to the general public, general student body or campus community,
- or for which anyone may purchase a ticket
In order to accommodate special circumstances, some flexibility is allowed to utilize other means for catering on a case-by-case basis. All events utilizing other avenues outside of Bon Appetit must have prior approval from Risk Management, CEP, and Bon Appetit. Most exception requests will not be approved unless unusual circumstances create a need for an exception.
The vendor must be able to:
- provide Vendor’s Certificate of Liability Insurance for $1,000,000 naming Reed College and Board of Trustees and its governing bodies as additionally insured, if requested.
- provide a copy of the Vendor’s Occupational License, Health Department Certificate and Contact Information.
- additional College policies and regulations are applicable.
As a reminder, Bon Appetit holds the OLCC liquor license for the College. Because of this, all events that include alcohol must be catered and managed by Bon Appetit.