Electronic Thesis Submission
Instructions for Electronic Submission of Thesis, Fall 2020
- Before the oral exam, and no later than 3pm on December 4, the student emails a final thesis draft to firstname.lastname@example.org for the registrar format check, and copies the thesis adviser.
- The thesis adviser replies-all to confirm or deny that the document is acceptable for submission.
- Once the thesis adviser has approved, registrar staff will evaluate the draft and work with the student to make any required formatting changes.
- Once the formatting is approved, registrar staff will record the title and mark the format check as complete.
- The student will distribute a pdf copy to each member of the orals board, ensuring the readers have at least 48 hours to review the document before the oral exam.
- After the exam, the student will make any edits required by the orals board and submit a pdf of the thesis to the library at email@example.com. The library will check the final format, notify the student of any changes and provide instructions for the final submission. See the Thesis LibGuide for details at https://libguides.reed.edu/thesis
- The student will use the library’s thesis submission portal to submit their final thesis to the library before noon on Wednesday, December 16. The library will work with students, print services, and thesis advisers to complete this process.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Office of the Registrar
Last updated November 18, 2020