Information for Incoming Students
Disability & Accessibility Resources (DAR) works with students with disabilities who seek academic, housing, or other accommodations for disability-related needs. We look forward to working with you as you transition to Reed!
- June 1: Housing Accommodations
- Priority deadline to register with DAR for students seeking disability housing accommodations
- August 1: Orientation Accommodations
- Priority deadline to request accommodations for Orientation programs and activities, including placement exams
- August 1: Academic and PE Accommodations
- Recommended deadline to register with DAR for students seeking academic or PE accommodations
To request disability accommodations at Reed, please follow the procedures outlined in our Student Accommodations Process. Here's how to get started:
- Complete an academic/PE accommodation request form and/or a housing accommodation request form. Students seeking both academic and housing accommodations should complete both forms.
- Submit your disability documentation to DAR. You will have the option to upload your documentation along with your accommodation request form, or you can send it to us via email or fax.
NOTE: To access the accommodation request form(s) you will need a Reed username and password, which will be assigned to you in the spring or summer once you have submitted your enrollment deposit to the College.
If the priority deadline for housing accommodations or Orientation accommodations has passed, we encourage you to submit your accommodation request form(s) and schedule a phone appointment with us as soon as possible to discuss what options may be available. Housing accommodations are particularly time-sensitive, as DAR works closely with Residence Life in accordance with their room registration timelines.
For academic or PE accommodations, students may submit their accommodation request form and disability documentation at any time, though we recommend doing so by August 1st for students seeking to have accommodations in place by the start of the semester.
For housing accommodation requests, an appointment is not always needed. Once we receive your accommodation request form, we will contact you via email if an appointment is needed. We offer both phone and in-person appointments.
For academic accommodation requests, you will need to schedule an in-person intake appointment with DAR once you arrive on campus in the fall. We recommend waiting until you have finalized your course schedule with your faculty advisor (which students do on the Thursday of Orientation week) before meeting with DAR.
Incoming students and family members who have general questions about the accommodations process are welcome to contact us via phone or email, or may schedule a phone consultation with DAR staff.
Family members of students with disabilities are invited to attend our Orientation session to learn about disability resources for students at Reed: "Supporting Your Student with Disabilities at Reed." Please consult the Orientation Guide for date, time, and location.
Please note, over the summer months we are available by appointment only. Email is the most expedient means of communication with our department during the summer.
In addition to disability accommodations, Reed College offers a wide range of supportive resources that are available to all students. Visit Academic Support to learn about workshops, academic coaching, and peer tutoring.
The Health and Counseling Center can provide information about medical and mental health care at Reed, medication management, referrals to off-campus providers, and Reed health insurance coverage.