SEEDS (Students for Education, Equity, and Direct Service) builds mutually beneficial relationships within the Portland community to foster sustainable and positive change. SEEDS is committed to expanding the scope of the academic mission and supporting Reed students in developing tools for self-reflection and passion for lifelong community engagement.
Starred (*) programs qualify for off-campus Federal Work Study
- Are you FWS-eligible? Get paid to work with organizations in Portland!
- Follow 6-step process to get started
- Not FWS-eligible? You're welcome to volunteer!
Weekly programs coordinated by Reed students
- *SEEDS @ Schools
- *Off-campus Federal Work Study positions
- Reed Community Pantry
- Community Cycling Program
Other weekly programs
- Map of 40+ SEEDS community partners
- sign into reed.edu gmail account to access map
- *S.M.A.R.T (Start Making a Reader Today)
- Community based learning in Reed Psychology courses:
- *Clinical, *Motivation, and *Developmental
- Reed College Science Outreach Program
- Opportunities offered through Portland-area community organizations
- check out our Resources and Opportunities page for more information
Note: one-time events are not eligible for off-campus Federal Work Study. Find FWS-eligible opportunities here.
- Community Engagement events
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Engagement
- On-campus blood drives
- Community Day Engagement Event
Note: community engagement trips & projects are not eligible for off-campus Federal Work Study. Find FWS-eligible opportunities here.