SEEDS is committed to building and sustaining programs that are mutually beneficial for local community members, community organizations, and Reed students.
We have a number of established programs that offer opportunities for community organizations to connect with Reed volunteers, work-study students, and faculty members. Inquiries from community members and organizations regarding potential partnerships are welcome.
Connect with SEEDS
To connect with SEEDS about your organization or group’s programming and volunteer opportunities, follow these steps:
- For Federal Work-Study inquiries (annual contract), weekly or monthly engagement opportunities, or to ask about Reed courses that include weekly engagement, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To be considered for inclusion in SEED's newsletter or social media outreach* to the Reed community, email email@example.com with the following information (no more than 50 words):
- who, what, when, where, & why
- a link to your website or social media
- any relevant attachments
- *Note: postings are not guaranteed.
Reed College's off-campus Federal Work-Study (FWS) program supports Federal Work-Study-eligible Reed students—those with the highest financial need—in their decision to volunteer or intern at FWS-approved nonprofit organizations, public schools, and public agencies. In addition to other forms of support, Reed pays students $15/hour for work done at these community partner sites. SEEDS is always looking for more community partners and host sites that will offer internship opportunities for Reed students. Contact us if you would like to become a Federal Work-Study-approved host site.
Posting an Opportunity
Reed uses Handshake to list employment, intern, and volunteer opportunities. If your organization would like to post opportunities without being a SEEDS's FWS-approved host, you may contact Center for Life Beyond Reed for support to post opportunities on Reed's Handshake.