Are you a student? We have information for students about learning with technology.
Instructional Technology Services supports using technology in teaching and learning at Reed. Below are some resources for faculty using technology in their courses.
Instructional Technology staff are available to answer questions and provide support. Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also have an archive of recorded workshops offered during 2020 and 2021 with further information on many of the topics outlined here.
Instructional technology tools
The resources below provide an introduction to commonly used technology for teaching as well as suggestions for how to use these technologies in your classes.
- Moodle: Reed's Learning Management System, where faculty and students can manage activities and resources for all their classes.
- Panopto: Reed’s media server, where you can store and share videos and other media for your courses.
- Video recording: Technologies and tips for creating and editing videos, including using a lightboard.
- Google sharing: Tips for securely sharing and collecting student work using Google Drive.
Managing teaching with technology
- Have a single online home, such as Moodle, for your class, where students can access all course materials and communications. Include deadlines when posting assignments or assessments.
- Learning to use new technology takes time for both you and your students. Build extra time into your lesson plans and course schedule to adjust to new processes.
- Technology can be helpful during times of disruption. Be flexible and have a plan for disruptions. Establish norms for communication outside of class time, such as by email or Moodle Announcements. Make a plan for accepting assignments and giving assessments online, if possible. Review using Zoom to teach remotely.
Instructional Technology Services is here to help! Whether you have heard of a new technology you would like to try out or are looking for suggestions for your class, get in touch: email@example.com.