About the Minor
The goal of the dance minor is to develop proficiency in one or more areas of dance practice and to gain a substantive understanding of dance within critical and cultural contexts.
Five units in dance:
- At least one unit must be at or above the 300 level;
- At least three units must be at or above the 200 level;
- Only one unit may be at the 100 level.
Of the five units required for the minor:
- One unit must be fulfilled with a dance studio course, and
- One unit must be fulfilled with a dance studies course.
- Courses that may be applied toward either designation may be used toward one of these requirements, but not both.
- One unit must include a course that focuses on dance outside the Euro-American tradition.