Steps, information & Resources
Learn more about reapplying for financial aid and checking the status of your financial aid application.
Current Students: Domestic
- File the 2024-25 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 15, 2024. Reed's school code: 003217.
The FAFSA is an online application available at StudentAid.gov. The FAFSA is required to determine your eligibility for federal funding. Federal funding includes the Pell Grant, SEOG, Federal Work Study, Direct Loan, and Direct PLUS Loan. Since most financial aid packages at Reed include some federal funding, you must also file the FAFSA to be considered for institutional funding. Foreign nationals applying for aid are not required to file the FAFSA.
- File the 2024-25 College Board CSS Profile by April 15, 2024. Reed's school code is 4654. The CSS Profile is an online application. The CSS Profile is required to determine your eligibility for institutional funding. You do not need to file the CSS Profile if you only want to be considered for federal financial aid. International students applying for financial aid must file the CSS Profile.
IDOC is not required for continuing students. If tax and other documents are required to complete your application, you will be notified by the Reed College Financial Aid Office.
Optional: Submit an Authorization to Release Information form to the Financial Aid Office. If a student would like to release financial information to parent(s) or another party, please complete this optional form.
Current Students: International
- If you are a current international student who was admitted to the college as an aid applicant, file the 2024–25 CSS Profile by April 15, 2024. Reed's school code is 4654.
Federal Aid Only: Students & Parents
- If you are applying for federal aid only, such as the Pell Grant, SEOG, Federal Work Study, Direct Loan, and Direct PLUS loan, you must submit the FAFSA, but you do not need to file the CSS Profile.
- For priority processing and to ensure that federal aid is set up by the start of fall semester, please file the 2024-25 FAFSA no later than July 1st, 2024. Reed's school code is 003217. After your FAFSA has been reviewed, we will notify you if any further information or documentation is required.
- To be given full consideration for institutional funding, readmitted students must complete a 2024-25 FAFSA and CSS Profile by the financial aid application priority deadline of April 15, 2024. Students' eligibility for institutional funding will be based on the dependency status you had at the time you were first admitted to the College. Financial aid cannot be awarded until you have been formally readmitted.
If you wish to check the status of your financial aid application, log in to Banner Self-Service.
Decision NotificationReview of on time applications begins in May and decisions will be made available to you electronically beginning in mid-June. Late applications (those completed after May 1st) are reviewed after June 15th on a rolling, date-prioritized basis.
Late ApplicationsApplications completed by:
May 1 – (On Time) = Full Consideration
May 15 – July 1 = 10-40% Reduction in Reed Grant
After July 1 – NO INSTITUTIONAL AID, federal aid only
Reed uses two separate need analysis formulas to determine your eligibility for financial aid.
The college uses the nationally standardized need analysis formula Institutional Methodology (IM) to calculate your expected family contribution (EFC).
Your aid offer may consist of one or more sources of aid.
Guidelines for requesting a special circumstances review.
Maintaining eligibility for all types of financial aid at Reed College.
Financial aid may be available to Reed students who participate in a college-approved study abroad program.
Reed’s policy regarding refunds for students who withdraw before the end of a semester.
Get answers to the most frequently asked questions.