Computing & Information Services
Information about shipping computers during the summer
Generally we do not have shipping capabilities and we encourage you to pick up your equipment here at Reed during Orientation Week.
However, if you would like us to ship you your computer before Orientation week, please note the following and feel free to contact us:
1. Before we ship your computer, we need to receive payment in full. We take Visa, MasterCard, and Discover credit cards as well as checks.
2. You must visit us when you arrive on campus to sign your Computer Sales receipt, and Reed equipment Stock Slip.
3. We can ship you a computer, but we cannot ship you your Microsoft Office 2011 CD and License. These we can hold for you to pick up when you arrive on campus. Our agreement with Microsoft, which allows us to offer the software at a very low cost, requires that the student physically be at the store with their student ID before they can receive their copy.
4. If we have your computer in stock, we can ship it to you right away. If we do not have it, we will order from Apple and then ship it to you. The cost of shipping a laptop is usually between $20-$40.
5. Shipping time will depend on what you order, how you would like to have it shipped, and whether we have it in stock.
6. We cannot accept returns after the equipment has shipped to you. Of course, if there is damage during the shipping process, or if the equipment has problems when you get it, please let us know as soon as possible. We will be happy to assist you.
Another option would be to order directly from Apple’s education store and then buy Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 at the Reed Bookstore when you arrive on campus.