Information about shipping computers during the summer
Generally, we encourage you to pick up your equipment here at Reed during Orientation Week.
However, if you would like us to ship you your computer before Orientation week, please note the following, and feel free to contact us:
1. Before we ship your computer, we must receive your full payment. You are responsible for the shipping cost, which is usually $20-$40 for a laptop. We take Visa, MasterCard, and Discover credit cards as well as checks.
2. You must visit us when you arrive on campus to sign a sales receipt and Reed equipment stock slip.
3. We can ship you a computer, but we cannot ship you your Microsoft Office 2011 License. These we can hold for you to pick up when you arrive on campus. Our agreement with Microsoft allows us to offer the software at a good price, and requires that the student be physically at the store with their student ID before they can receive the software.
4. If we have your computer in stock, we can ship it to you right away. If we do not have it, we will order from Apple, it will be delivered to us, and then we will ship it to you.
5. Shipping time will depend on what you order, how you would like to have it shipped, and whether we have it in stock.
6. We cannot accept returns after the equipment has shipped to you. Of course, if there is damage during the shipping process or the equipment has problems upon arrival, please let us know as soon as possible. We will be happy to assist you.
Another option for ordering and having product shipped to you would be for you to order your machine directly from Apple’s education store. You could then buy Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 from the Reed Bookstore at the regular academic price when you arrive on campus. Please note this option may be more costly depending on which product you order and whether or not the order will be subject to state or other local taxes.