Reed College is a member institution of the Oregon Alliance of Independent Colleges and Universities (The Alliance). A full-time student at an Alliance member insiitution may be permitted to take one undergraduate course per term at another member institution. This course does not require additional tuition payment (although additional class fees may still apply).
In past semesters, Reed students have taken Japanese (and other) courses at Lewis and Clark College and Art courses at the Pacific Northwest College of Art. Through a new co-operative program, Reed students can now take Arabic at Lewis and Clark.
The following institutions are members of The Alliance:
Concordia University (S)
Corban University (S)
George Fox University (S)
Lewis & Clark College (S)
Linfield College (S)
Mount Angel Abbey (S)
Multnomah University (S)
National College of Natural Medicine (S)
Northwest Christian University (S)
Oregon College of Art and Craft (S)
Pacific Northwest College of Art (S)
Pacific University (S)
Reed College (S)
University of Portland (S)
University of Western States (S)
Warner Pacific College (S)
Western Seminary (S)
Willamette University (S)
S = Semester school, Q = Quarter school
Please note that Portland State University and local community colleges are public institutions, and are not part of the Alliance cross-registration program.
Students are responsible for arranging their own transportation.
Be aware of the host institution policies for things like parking, drop/withdrawal deadlines, attendance, grading policies, etc.
Students may not take a course at an Alliance school if a similar course is offered at the home institution.
Additional course fees may apply (lab, studio, books, supplies etc).
Registration priority is given to students from the home institution. If a class is full, cross-registration enrolment will not be allowed.
Cross-registration classes (title, grade) do appear on a student's official Reed transcript, but they are not included in the Reed GPA reported on the transcript.
An official transcript will be sent to Reed following completion of the course. Your signature authorizing this transcript release is on the cross-registration form.
Instructions for Registration
1. Determine which course you wish to take, at which school
2. Obtain a cross-registration form from Reed's Registrar's Office (Eliot 311)
3. Complete the form, and have your adviser sign it
4. Have Ben Bradley in the Registrar's Office sign the form confirming you are eligible to participate.
5. Take the form to the Registrar's Office at the school at which the class is offered. Be prepared to pay any fees (if applicable).
6. The host Registrar's Office will sign the form if you are able to take the class. The host Registrar will give you a copy of the form, will send a copy to Reed, and will retain two copies of the form.
7. Purchase books and supplies (if applicable), and take the class!
ContactFor more information, or with any questions, please contact: