Reed College Parent & Family Giving Society
Reed families flock together
The Reed Parent & Family Giving Society recognizes our generous community of families who make a direct impact on nearly every aspect of the college, including financial aid, faculty research, student life, and career exploration.
Giving to Reed is a great way to come together as a community to care for and create opportunities for students.
How to get involved
If you are interested in learning more about the Parent & Family Giving Society's work and how you can be more involved in parent engagement at Reed, please email Jenni Manning, associate director of individual giving, at email@example.com or complete this interest form.
Share your story
Share your story or leave a quote. How have Reed’s donor-funded opportunities allowed your student to thrive?
Reed Parent & Family Giving
Parent and family support helps Reed bridge the gap between tuition and endowment revenues and the annual cost of educating our students.
Each year, your gifts support nearly every aspect of the college, from financial aid and faculty research to student life and library books. Donations make possible the extraordinary educational experience Reed provides, and your endorsement of this particular education, along with gifts from alumni and friends, signals to foundations and others that the college deserves their support, as well.
Reed’s Parent & Family Giving Society is a collection of many gifts, large and small.
Your gifts make an impact
From inspiring academic programs, systems that nurture and guide exploration, and community-building efforts that center on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Gifts to financial aid help Reed welcome and support students who bring their talents and perspectives to the conference table, the lab bench, and the residence hall.
- Reed meets 100% of demonstrated financial need for all four years.
- 58% of students are receiving need-based aid in 2023/24, with the average Reed grant totaling $47,666.
Inquiry, research, and discovery lie at the heart of a Reed education. Donors help us carry out our mission inside the classroom, in the lab, and in the world beyond campus.
- Summer opportunities: $1.2M awarded for 180 summer research awards and unpaid or underpaid summer internships in 2022
- Excellence in teaching: 37 endowed professorships as of 2022
- Student discovery: 357 in-depth 1:1 research consultations with a librarian
Meaningful connections—to both resources and caring community members—enable learning, friendships that last a lifetime, and overall well-being.
According to the 2022 Reed Residential Student Experience Survey:
- 69% of Reedies felt they made meaningful connections with peers
- 87% of Reedies found opportunities to engage in social events
- 74% of Reedies engaged in supportive academic resources
- 68% of Reedies know how to access well-being resources