August 28, 2020
Dear students and staff living on campus:
Today the college communicated that students and staff living on campus will be tested for COVID-19 twice a week. This email provides you with the link to sign up for your test, and other important information.
Testing Schedule: Testing will take place Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday between 8:00 a.m. and Noon until November 22. Key points regarding the schedule are outlined below.
- You will select a time to be tested either every Monday and Thursday OR every Tuesday and Friday.
- Your time slots will be the same for each week.
- If, for some reason, you can't make your scheduled time, we can accept a few drop-ins, however, we ask that you do your very best to commit to the times you select. Why? We do not want to get backed up with drop-ins.
- Testing the week of August 31 and September 7 will only take place on Thursday and Friday. This means you will only be tested once those weeks. Why? This will allow the college sufficient time to initiate this new testing strategy and account for the Labor Day holiday.
- Starting September 14 you will be tested twice a week.
Location: Gray Campus Center (GCC) patio.
What to Bring: Bring your Reed ID.
Important: Do not eat, drink, smoke, or chew gum for at least 30 minutes before your saliva test.
Results: Because this testing strategy involves conducting ~1,400 tests per week, only those who test positive will be notified of their test results.
Sign Up Now: Please sign up for your testing times using one of the following links.
Sign up for Monday and Thursday surveillance testing.
Sign up for Tuesday and Friday surveillance testing.
If you have questions, please send an email to the COVID-19 Risk Assessment Group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 Risk Assessment Group
COVID-19 Risk Assessment GroupCo-Chairs
Kathy Oleson, Dean of the Faculty & Professor of Psychology
Hugh Porter, Vice President for College Relations & Planning
Cindy Anderson, Interim Dean of Students
Lorraine Arvin, Vice President and Treasurer
Gary Granger, Director of Community Safety
Mandy Heaton, Executive Director of Communications & Public Affairs
Karnell McConnell-Black, Vice President for Student Life
Suzy Renn, Professor of Biology
Timmie Rochon, Medical Services Director
April Sams, Director of Risk Management & Environmental Health and Safety