August 26, 2020
(to the Reed community)
Computer User Services and Computer Store staff are available to help with your technology needs.
To ensure the safety of students, faculty, and staff, CUS and the Computer Store are limiting in-person interactions. Please contact us virtually, and we would be happy to help! If you have an appointment, please remember to bring your Reed ID card, as you’ll need it to access the ETC at all times.
Computer User Services (Help Desk & Hardware Shop)
Walk-up traffic to the help desk and hardware shop is suspended, however you can reach CUS in the following ways:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for help desk support or email@example.com for hardware support at any time;
- Click the “Ask CUS!” chat bubble on any of our help pages to be connected to a live person during operating hours;
- Screen share sessions and in-person appointments can be made by initiating contact through chat or email;
- When email and chat are not possible, leave a voicemail at 503-777-7525. Messages will be heard and responded to.
The Computer Store is open limited hours and by appointment only. Please contact us before you visit the store. Due to the large number of inquiries, our response time may be longer than usual. We appreciate your patience.
- Visit our web page for up-to-the-minute information or to make an appointment: www.reed.edu/sales;
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for sales assistance or to make an in-store appointment;
- Call 503-777-7253. Voice messages will be heard and responded to ASAP.
IRC computer labs
IRCs are closed to walk-up traffic for the fall semester. Software usually available in these labs has been made available in a Virtual Computer Lab.
ETC general practices
Within the ETC, we are taking numerous precautions, including physical distancing, plexiglass barriers, and frequent disinfection of surfaces and shared devices. Anyone visiting the ETC is required to follow college safety procedures, including:
- Maintain at least six feet of physical distance between people;
- Wear a mask in all public spaces;
- Before and after handling any equipment (including shared devices such as copiers and printers), wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use college-provided hand sanitizer;
- Observe all posted signage and public health guidance.
For more information, contact Tony Palomino or visit: reed.edu/cis.