April 8, 2020
Hello, Reed staff and faculty.
Many of you will know that CDC has made a recommendation that everyone wears cloth face covers when outside the home, in situations where social distance may be hard to maintain.
With this in mind, Reed College issues the following guidance:
- Medical masks are reserved for medical personnel, i.e. HCC personnel and CSOs or Area Coordinators who respond to medical situations.
- Face coverings are required for everyone else who works on campus in settings where social distancing is hard to maintain.
- Those who work on campus are expected to follow the Surgeon General’s guidance on making their own face covering, and bring it with them to work each day. Should you need assistance making your face covering, you may email EHS@reed.edu for help.
- Face coverings must be worn when indoors, when others ARE PRESENT in the same work area.
- Face coverings are optional when indoors and others ARE NOT PRESENT, or when outdoors.
- CDC recommends washing one's face covering each night at home, so that bacteria do not build up.
This guidance goes into effect immediately. Please contact us with questions.
Director of Risk Management and Environmental Health and Safety
Director of Human Resources