April 22, 2022
Dear students, faculty and staff,
Renn Fayre 2022 is almost upon us! We are so excited to bring back this tradition after its short hiatus. Our top priority this year is celebrating the end of another tough year and the seniors turning in their theses. We, however, cannot celebrate unless we as a community are safe and healthy. For those who remember Renn Fayre, things might look a little different. For those who haven't been to one, we hope this is a good sample of what classes before us have been able to enjoy. Please read below for all the Renn Fayre information you might need! Stay safe, stay healthy, and see you soon!
In light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we will be taking certain steps to protect the health and safety of attendees this year. These include:
- Vaccination requirement: You must be up to date on COVID vaccination (or have a college-approved exemption) in order to attend Renn Fayre. If you have already shared your vaccination records with the college (the HCC for students or HR for employees), you don't need to do so again.
- Testing requirement: You must obtain a negative COVID test result the week leading up to Renn Fayre in order to attend. Next week, surveillance testing will be available Monday-Friday from 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM; if you attend and receive a negative test on one of these days, you don't need to provide any records. If you have reported a positive test result to the college in the last 90 days, you are exempt from this testing requirement.
- Guest policy: To reduce the risk of COVID transmission, the number of non-Reed guests will be limited this year. Faculty, staff, and students in the Junior class are permitted to bring 1 guest, while Senior students are permitted to bring 2 guests. All guests are required to abide by the COVID requirements and must provide proper documentation during pass sales. Guests should attend pass sales and Renn Fayre with their host.
- Face coverings: Face coverings are required in all indoor spaces on campus, including during Renn Fayre. In addition, all attendees are encouraged to wear a face covering outdoors while in groups or crowded spaces.
Students, faculty, and staff are eligible to obtain wristbands free of charge. Faculty and staff are also granted one guest wristband free of charge. Alumni wristbands can be purchased for $20 and guest wristbands can be purchased for $25 for the first guest and $30 for the second. Please bring a photo ID with you to pass sales.
Pass sales will take place location TBD on the below dates/times:
- Thursday, April 28 from 4-8 PM
- Friday, April 29 from 11 AM-3PM and 4-8PM
- Saturday, April 30 from 11AM-3PM and 5-9PM
Students who have met the COVID requirements by Thursday, April 28 will be provided with a RF wristband in their Reed mailbox. Students who meet the requirements after this time can pick up their wristband during pass sales.
Faculty and staff may obtain wristbands during pass sales hours, or from the Student Engagement office on Wednesday and Thursday from 10 AM - 4 PM or Friday from 9 AM - 12 PM. Please bring a photo ID with you.
Alumni can pick up wristbands during pass sales. Alumni must show proof of up to date COVID vaccination and a negative test result at that time. Those with proof of a positive COVID test in the last 90 days are exempt from the testing requirement.
Guests are also required to show proof of up to date COVID vaccination and a negative test result, collected on or after Sunday, April 24 to obtain a wristband. Please bring these documents with you when you visit pass sales. Guests should attend pass sales and Renn Fayre with their host.
Sign up to volunteer for Renn Fayre! Alums who volunteer for 4+ hours get a free pass!
Set Up Krew: https://forms.gle/Sd9SVtRgfaGHfFj19
Klean Up Krew: https://forms.gle/jHqZvGAMbYe91pLJ6
Pass Sales: https://forms.gle/U6vz8LC87bAHq5GK9
Bagel Patrol: https://forms.gle/7ZoMuEZeRb2smT7S9
Garden Guardians: https://forms.gle/fnVNubCU1vPnZXyWA
See attachment for the RF 2022 schedule.
If you have any questions about Renn Fayre this year, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ana Quintana Bernal & Percy Petersen, Your RF Czars