Case Notifications & Reporting
Protocol Regarding Notifications to the Community
The college will track the number of COVID-19 cases on the COVID-19 Dashboard and share information on COVID-19 positive cases of Reed community members in a way that will help protect the health and safety of the community. When sharing information about a COVID-19 case with Reed community members, the college will
- coordinate contact tracing and notifications with local health officials' guidance;
- immediately and privately contact individuals who may have had close contact with a community member who tested positive;
- follow CDC guidance;
- follow federal privacy laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act;
- share information about COVID-19 with students, faculty, and staff without increasing fear and stigma;
- include a link to this web page in campus newsletters emailed to students, faculty, and staff on Thursdays;
- email all students, faculty, and staff if specifically directed by Multnomah County or if there are changes to guidance that would affect notification protocols.
The college will generally not send a mass email to students, faculty, staff, or parents about each COVID-19 case on campus.
Regarding notification of a COVID-19 case in classes, residence halls, or offices, unless you were in close contact with the person who tested positive, you may not be notified. Close contact is defined spending a cumulative total of 15 minutes or longer within six feet of another person. If it has been determined that you were in close contact with the person who tested positive, you will be notified.
Help us continue to assess the impact of the virus and protect the Reed community. If you are being tested or if you tested positive for COVID-19, we ask you to report this information to the college.
- Students: notify the Health & Counseling Center (HCC).
- Faculty and staff: notify Cypress Williams in Human Resources (HR).
It is not necessary to report that you have taken an antibody test; report testing for the active virus only.
Faculty & Staff
Human Resources Partner
Eliot Hall 305