Starting a student club
The expansive list of student clubs at Reed reflects the vast diversity of Reedie’s interests and passions. If you don’t see a group that speaks to your interests, feel free to start your own.
Here are initial steps to take to launch your new student club or organization.
- Register your club with the Office for Student Engagement and get listed on the student club webpage by filling out this form.
- Register your club with the student body Treasury. Look for instructions in the biweekly SB (Student Body) Info email sent by the student body President.
- Attend the signator training held by the student body Treasury at the beginning of each semester. Students must attend this training if you would like to apply for funding. Training times and details are typically advertised through the SB Info email. If you missed the training, contact the student body treasurers at email@example.com.
- Assess the risk level of your club and take the appropriate follow up steps with the Office for Student Engagement, Risk Management, and/or Athletics, Fitness, and Outdoor Programs.
- Meet with staff in the Office for Student Engagement to seek advice, learn about resources, discuss your plans for creating a successful group, and plan events and m
Student organization resources
There are a number of ways that the Office for Student Engagement supports student organizations:Advising
The Office for Student Engagement staff are available to meet with you about any organization-related issues including recruitment, keeping members engaged, running meetings, making decisions and more.
We can talk to you about events that are only a dream and help you figure out how to make them happen. We will walk you through all the details including contacting performers, negotiating contracts, budgeting and finding funding, event logistics, and more.
The Office for Student Engagement has a small amount of funding to co-sponsor student events. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information about how to apply.
Student Engagement staff are available by appointment to Reed students. Please contact our staff for assistance.